Role Title: Computer Operator – Mid range Systems
Role Family: Information/Technology Services
Role Discipline: Operations Services
Location : Tokyo, Japan
Overall Role Purpose:
· Comply with shift duty roster.
· Responsible to execute and monitor batch and backup/restore jobs as per the pre-defined frequency and instructions.
· Responsible to monitor Control-M scheduler system
· Responsible to execute media changes (load and unload tape media) as per the pre-defined frequency and instructions.
· Perform 1st level troubleshooting for any batch or backup/restore failures.
· Log and track all internal incidents, and handle the events according to pre-defined policies and instructions.
· Acts as the point of contact for the shift.
· Ensure compliance with all checklists and sign-offs that are required for the operations.
· Responsible to escalate any breaches or non-compliance to the Senior Computer Operator or Shift Supervisor.
Key Accountability and Responsibilities:
· Understands the Unix and Wintel environment.
· Understands the software and hardware used in this environment, especially for batch operations and backup operations.
· Must have knowledge and experience with Control-M job scheduler software (If not then strong Unix / Wintel knowledge)
· Uses complex, multi-platform, multi-software, multi-hardware systems to ensure quality service and effective approaches.
· Must have relevant experience in backups and batch operations in appropriated platforms, and strong hands-on experience in infrastructure platforms.
· Coordinates with various operational lines of service units including operators, product lines, off-site vendors, to enhance communication among various functions and to improve efficiency.
· Develops and maintains communications with staff, customer, vendors, and designated account team and sharing of best practices and standards.
· Ensures satisfaction through implementation of standards/policies needed to fulfill service level expectations.
· Maintains strong customer relationships through regular communications with the designated account team.
· Works with staff, vendors, customers, and internal/external experts to improve processes and standards.
· Ensures all regulatory and security standards are maintained.
· Introduces new process improvement strategies, with an understanding of past/present scenarios.
· Work on shift rotation operations
· Ensures customer commitments, satisfaction, quality, schedule, and performance goals are met.
Typical Outputs and Deliverables:•
· Operations checklists
· Batch Operations checklists
· Media inventories
· Backup & restore schedules
· Process Manuals
· Problem Resolution
· Quality Assurance
· Service Level Metrics
· Core Policies/Procedures/Standards
For additional information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org