Our client is looking for a content professional and native Japanese speaker who can produce content which can put highly technical concepts into simple and captivating explanations and overviews all translating activities while engaging with a wide audience of mobile marketers.
As Content Manager, you’ll be:
- Main tasks will be English to Japanese Translation and Proofreading Japanese content created by translation vendors
- Some technical writing in Japanese related to clients technology.
- Training Provided
- Writing blogs
- Case studies and guides that create value for marketers involved in apps, mobile, and digital marketing.
- Collaborating with the content team to define content strategy
- Create ideas that will go into their content calendar
- Keeping an eye on industry trends and news
They want someone with enthusiasm, a great understanding of what goes into producing content, and the experience of balancing stakeholders on the journey to create and publish.
Design skills are a plus, but by no means necessary (They have a great team that covers most of it). Knowledge of analytics, among a number of basic Google tools, is an absolute necessity.
As for experience, while three years of content experience would be ideal, two is just enough, depending on what you were doing.
Our best candidates are people who have experience writing for brands. Magazines are great, in-house experience also, but we’re really looking for someone who has experience of tight deadlines, providing work for those outside of your own organization, and managing expectations while measuring success.
Why would you want to work with our client? Well, you’ll be working in one of the most exciting companies in mobile space, boasting an amazing team and perks unlike any other. They’ve experienced rapid growth and we need to keep up with the pace of development, and become a first-class content machine.