We are a leading company in education technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. You will be based in Japan, though working cross-functionally and closely with team leads at our home office in California. You’ll be the primary driver and point person for all strategic growth efforts in your market, both collaborating to draft our go-to-market plans and leading their execution. You will be a key leader in our international efforts, identifying, initiating and driving key marketing and business development opportunities
*Planned start date January 2019
Some examples of what you’ll be doing:
- Driving and managing key growth initiatives from start to finish, including researching opportunities, proposing actions, and doing the hands-on execution work.
- Identifying and building key relationships with partners and organizations (publishers, NGOs, schools, government, media, Google, telcos, etc.) that can drive awareness and growth for the Company.
- Supporting and engaging with team leads in the California office on any marketing, product, or engineering work that relates to your market.
- Working with the California team and in-market resources as needed to drive effective paid acquisition, community engagement, and press efforts.
- Acting as an in-market expert, identifying and communicating to the team pertinent business insights and analysis, related both to your market and to our larger international efforts.
- Taking an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with other teams to get things done.
- 5+ years experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments.
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively.
- Great with both numbers and people. In addition to strong analytical skills and, you will be a highly effective communicator with good people instincts — able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects big and small.
- Highly proficient in Excel and analytics software.
- Fluency and literacy in Japanese and English.
- High integrity individual who is enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education.
- Experience in consumer technology businesses a plus; experience in the education technology industry also a plus.
- Proficiency in SQL preferred.