Customer Success Managers (CSMs) provide client’s elite support customers with a dedicated resource who will guide and help customers achieve maximum value from their investment. Through close collaboration and evaluation of usage, they ensure that each customer experiences the highest level of value from their technology investment, enabling the customer to achieve their business goals. The CSMs fosters a dynamic and strategic relationship between client and the customer. CSMs are committed to a long term and dedicated partnership to drive continued success. Through close collaboration, CSMs provide continuous attention in order to proactively minimize disruption, maximize the existing software adoption and utilization, and achieve strategic business outcomes.
CSMs have three key areas of expertise;
- Functional - The CSM will have an understanding of their customers’ industry and business processes, which may include a micro-vertical focus such as Healthcare, Distribution or Manufacturing.
- Application – The CSM is the chief Adoption Officer for their respective customers. They help the customer optimize the utilization of their existing and available products, demonstrating features beyond core functionality and will ensure Best Practice adoption. The CSM can execute this adoption through 1:1 interaction with the customer, helping the customer engage Xtreme Support and peer group information sharing with other customers. The CSM can also facilitate fee based Subject Matter Expertise through Consulting Services, Education as well as the Partner community. CSMs will focus on applications such as Human Capital Management, Supply Chain and Finance applications.
- Broad responsibilities include;
- Evangelize capabilities of applications including Best Practices and Optimization of Human Resources, Supply Chain or Finance business processes.
- Effectively network and expand relationships with the senior business sponsors in order to understand and execute against customer’s business goals and objectives.
- Identify risks to the customer in achieving their stated business goals and develop a risk mitigation plan.
- Customer retention and renewal including supporting the execution of the support and maintenance or subscription renewal
- Seek customer reference by creating raving fans
- Own development and delivery of special global projects, activities, and strategic initiatives related to Customer Success Manager development and Elite revenue.
- Independently lead complex projects and high level organizational initiatives from start to finish, with minimal direction
- Provide leadership and mentoring to Customer Success Managers, cross-functional and interdepartmental teams and customer focus groups involved in projects
- Specific Customer Lifecycle phases include;
- Engagement Phase
- Kickoff and welcome process
- Capture Business goals and objectives and execute Benchmarking
- Communicate support process and inform customer how to use Xtreme Support portal
- Work with Cloud Operations during provisioning process
- Deployment Phase
- Attend handover meeting(s) between Cloud Operations and Consulting Services or the partner performing the Implementation
- Participate in project status meetings and review and customer issue
- Facilitate any support escalations
- Adoption and Evolution Phase
- Proactively resolve Application or Operations issues through Xtreme Support and Cloud Operations
- Schedule regular meetings with customers to understand current issues
- Setup Executive Business Reviews to revisit customer’s business goals
- Show progress against customer’s business goals derived from technology and service investment
- Perform benchmarking as appropriate
- Typically twice a year this is done onsite at the customer’s location.
- Regular review enablement and training plan
- Proactively introduce applications and services to customers where business needs goals intersect with solutions
- Coordinate with Sales team for additional users if needed
- Setup peer to peer networking opportunities and help broaden customer communities
- Engagement Phase
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years’ experience working in a service or support capacity within the software or high-tech industry
- 5+ years of experience managing critical customer issues with senior management
- 3-5 years of combined successful experience in the following areas: account management, project management or implementation management experience in the software industry
- Experience working with complex global organizations preferred
- Proven creativity and thinking outside the box
- Proven ability to communicate ideas effectively is required
- Proven strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Application knowledge - Human Capital Management, Supply Chain Management or Finance are examples
- Industry knowledge and experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, time management and organizational skills to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to respond quickly to changing demands and market conditions
- Commitment to teamwork and ability to operate in a matrix management environment
- Consultative account management skills
- Great listener
- Fluency in Japanese language as well as working knowledge of English is required.
preferred skills & KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience with major ERPs and/or Financial applications
- Experience working with key technology partners and vendors
- Experience working with a Maintenance Sales, Premium Support, or Services organization to have a good working knowledge of maintenance and support