This role reports to the Desktop Support Manager for APAC and interacts closely with the rest of the Enterprise Technology Services to provide technical expertise and support for any associated systems, in particular desktop systems within our warehouse, so an understanding of Distribution Centre hardware and applications would be desirable. This position will also interact with our UK Service Desk to ensure tickets are fulfilled locally.
The primary function of this role is to provide desktop support within an office and warehouse environment, with a secondary function to support, learn and develop in the arena of server and application support.
This role requires excellent technical and communication skills as well as initiative to ensure consistent delivery of quality services. It is necessary that a first class awareness of the environment across all platforms is understood and that this awareness is articulated clearly at all times. It is a key requirement that regular updates of workflow, project progress and key activities are communicated to the line manager. In addition it is imperative that Service Desk queues are monitored and updated in accordance with the service desk processes and assigned tasks.
Working as part of the Enterprise Technology Services to ensure that all desktop, server, network and telephony components are monitored and available to meet the target of 99.9% uptime
- Providing support for all Windows and Mac based services and applications, as well as hardware and software solutions to end users
- Providing end user support for all corporate platforms including but not limited to mobile devices, handheld scanners and warehouse systems
- Providing regular maintenance and updates to all applications and desktop hardware
- Monitoring all Japan desktop systems to detect error as early as possible
- Following standard procedures for properly resolving support issues and to ensure security of desktop and mobile devices
- Ensuring that all desktop systems are in line with all SLAs without delay or issues
- Preparing documentations and progress reports as required
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Preferably with hands-on technical support experience in Windows and Mac environment, Active Directory, Exchange e-mail, mobile devices, and remote desktop user support in a corporate network environment
- Fresh graduates will also be considered if deemed appropriate
- Able to proactively identify and handle issues arising from the support process in a timely manner
- Good interpersonal skills for building good user relations
- Able to communicate effectively in Japanese and English, and to prepare procedures, workflows and related documentation in English
- A good team player but also able to work independently when required