Our client is the provider of a motion tracking sensor system on chip (SoC) for consumer electronic devices, such as smartphones, tablets, wearables technology, gaming devices, optical image stabilization, and remote controls for Smart TVs.
We seek an experienced field application engineer to support automotive application customers in technical pre-sales, development and troubleshooting of hardware.
The candidate should be able to:
- Present product technical information and perform technical demos to customers
- Manage and support customer technical Q&A
- Understand how to debug system level hardware issues
- Interface between the design team and customers efficiently, to work out the best solution for customers’ projects while maintaining a high degree of urgency
- Be proactive in identifying issues and drive to closure
- Willing to travel, be on-site for technical support and debug/work with the customers till issues are resolve
- Develop prototype hardware and test boards
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience in hardware design, test and debug, or field application engineering support role
- Hardware electrical support experience (CMOS & MEMs)
- Experience in augment reality technologies
- Hardware prototyping skills (soldering, breadboarding and PCB design)
- Familiar with I2C and SPI digital interfaces
- Familiar with automotive application requirements and technology, including ADAS and navigation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and also part of a team
- B.S./ M.S. in electrical engineering, or equivalent
- Excellent Japanese and English communication skills