The Field Engineer is employed in the Field Service Department responsible for installation, service and maintenance of VSAT equipment and other communication devices.
The Field Engineer reports to the Manager Field Service Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa and ultimately to the Director Field Service & Partner Management.
- Installation, service and maintenance of VSAT equipment and other communication devices.
- Field Engineer is responsible for the work and activities related to installation, service and maintenance of VSAT equipment on projects executed abroad
- Direct technical support to local partner engineers during installation, service and maintenance of VSAT equipment
- Evaluation of local partner engineers’ quality of work, execution of their trainings and certification
- Direct technical support to Technical Operations during fault identification on VSAT equipment
- Implementation of pilot projects or new technologies and preparation of appropriate and detailed documentation related to these projects
- Creation and archiving detailed documentation from installations, services and maintenances of VSAT equipment
- Responsibility for completion of the installation with successful operation on time with respect to agreed installation plan
- Provide consultations to customers
- Cooperate with other departments to solve technical problems on VSAT equipment
- Cooperate with other departments on operational issues
- Assist and execute tests on a new / unknown equipment in cooperation with other Departments of the company
- Fluent in Japanese, English and preferably other international languages.
- Preferably knowledge about satellite communication and Inmarsat terminals.
- Preferably an in-depth knowledge of C-Band and Ku-Band VSAT satellite communications systems.
- Computer skills are essential - IP and network.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and strong troubleshoot skills.
- Able to learn and adapt to new issues and handle multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Preferably experience from serving multi-national customers.
- Good physical. Must be able to lift heavy equipment and climb into confined antenna spaces.
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to quality; and adherence to practices, procedures, and scheduling deadlines.
- The candidate should preferably be familiar with working in the marine electronics environment on cruise ships, yachts, and industrial vessels.
- Higher education in IT, Datacom or Telecom (bachelor degree)
- Good understanding of the satellite communications technology
- Good understanding of the company’s customers and SLAs