Leading global provider of powerful cloud solutions for delivering and monetizing video across connected devices. With thousands of customers in over 70 countries that rely on the company’s cloud solutions to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to audiences everywhere.
Our client is looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual who reports directly to the Country Manager and whose responsibilities include managing the monthly/quarterly accounting close, inter-office reporting with the corporate office, operational accounting/finance processes and budgeting/forecasting. This position is expected to play both coach and player roles in a small team.
- Manage the staff accountant by assigning daily tasks/responsibilities, providing annual expectations, providing periodic feedback including annual performance review and providing guidance on job-related responsibilities.
- Manage the accounting close including the calendar of deliverables. Coordinate on the timing of the inter-office reporting package with the corporate office including royalty calculation and related payment.
- Be responsible for bookings relating to sales and provide monthly reporting. Coordinate on status and results of bookings with both Japan and corporate management.
- Manage payroll, commission and expense reporting processes and provide review of monthly payroll run.
- Coordinate with others outside of the finance function on matters that are important to the closing process, i.e. Sales and Marketing.
- Be the point person for Oracle reporting and administration for the general ledger, fixed assets and accounts payable, accounts receivable, and service contract manager modules. Work with the corporate office on proposed process/system improvements relating to Oracle.
- Implement a purchase order policy and work with corporate members of Finance to ensure timely approval of requisitions.
- Provide financial planning and analysis support to both the General Manager of Japan and the corporate office.
- Manage cash balance and payment including wire transfer
- Be the point person for coordinating and updating policies and procedures as part of the revenue and general accounting areas.
- Assist in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley section 404. Be responsible for documentation including updating narratives and key controls for applicable cycles.
- Coordinate statutory audits and tax filings. Work directly with external accountants on statutory accounting matters.
- Work closely with other members of the accounting and finance group and participate in meetings to discuss status of department initiatives and other process improvements.
- Proven ability to work effectively in the environment of a growing company
- Demonstrated ability to be nice, smart and get things done
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting
- Minimum of
- 7 years of accounting experience; commission experience preferred; CPA is a plus; US CPA is a big plus
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and adapt to change while maintaining high productivity and meeting deadlines
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
- Native fluency in Japanese; Ability to articulate and comprehend the English Language
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Typical office working conditions
- Manual dexterity required for typing
- Excellent written, verbal and hearing skills required for communication
- Requires excellent vision for computer usage
- Moderate physical effort for meeting set up
- Ability to cope with periodic stress associated with changing needs and periodic cyclical workload pressures
- Demonstrate ability to problem-solve, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to work with a wide range of personality types, ages and diverse cultural backgrounds