Global Account Manager - Position Summary
Our client is searching for a highly skilled and motivated sales professional to operate as a key member of the Japan customer sales team. The Global Account Manager is responsible for new business development, account planning and management, and execution of sales activities required to drive revenue and achieve sales objectives within select global customers.
Achievement of results will be accomplished through demonstrating proficiency in solution selling methodologies, quality account management practices, and business development and sales activity.
As a senior member of the Japan High Touch Sales team, the Global Account Manager must possess strong business and financial acumen with the ability to uncover opportunities within complex hierarch global customers. The primary role of the Global Account Manager will be to position the products as the category standard within and across the named customer base.
Successful candidates will be self-directed, dynamic, results driven professionals with excellent presentation skills motivated by achievement of sales objectives and rewarded based on established activity metrics.
Position reports outside of Japan.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (these tasks include but are not limited to)
- Identify customer prospects within large, decentralized complex Global accounts and organizations, and follow up on identified prospects to create new business opportunities for sales pipeline development
- Effectively utilize solution sales process and CRM to build and manage an appropriate customer opportunity pipeline to meet sales objectives
- Utilize global account management skills to execute sales plans to capture customer category share and ensure a long term relationship delivering recurring revenue in all regions.
- Develop and leverage reseller and strategic alliance partnerships to penetrate customer accounts, identify opportunities, generate run rate revenue and manage sales projects through to close
- Provide customer feedback and market insight to the organization in support of the go-to-market strategy, programs and offerings
- Manage individual OPEX to within annual finance guidelines
- Develop and execute Global Account sales plans with the objective of capturing market share, exceeding Regional and Global revenue goals, gross margin targets and other key metrics
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts in order to conduct account mapping.
- Coordinates the involvement of company global personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Leads account planning process for assigned Global customers that develops mutual business and performance objectives, as well as financial targets with critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis and coordinates engagement of support staff as needed.
- Engage and align with other regions globally as needed for account-specific knowledge transfer and to communicate/collaborate on account planning.
- Project implementation and coordination to identify issues and recommend solutions while conducting recurring evaluation (6 month updates)
- Manage customer proof of concept and product testing/qualification projects
- Help customer identify product use cases per employee profiles, delivering value added customized product and service solutions
- Manage activities related to targeted account sales/marketing campaigns and/or programs
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with key local players from the Reseller and Strategic Alliance partner community
- Input, manage and analyze data from customer sales systems and other resources to create and implement financially sound sales strategy
- Initiate discussions with management regarding trends that may affect success, recommend solutions and appropriate courses of action
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business
- Minimum 7-10 years of National or Global End Customer sales experience
- Experience selling through indirect channels
- Successful experience presenting to groups and ‘C’ level contacts
- Experience in telecommunication/Technology is preferred
- Enterprise Account Management and Sales Project Management experience is beneficial
- International Experience a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Business-level in English and experience working in a multinational company.
- Customer Centric Focus: Ability to develop strong Customer relationships using excellent sales process and account management skills
- Proficient in using CRM and Microsoft Office applications to manage sales territories and meet management reporting responsibilities
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to capture, process and analyze data to make intelligent decisions
- Ability to work in a Global team sales environment
- High Performance Sales professionalthat has demonstrated sales Excellence in a Global or National Account position
- Sound, independent decision-making
- Resourceful and dynamic with the ability to quickly problem solve while interacting with clients, and articulate those thoughts with clarity and professionalism.
- Ability to recognize and balance the immediate needs and short term requirements while maintaining long term objectives
- Possess strong business and financial acumen
- Ability to work from a home office.Self-directed, self-motivated, independent professional with effective time management skills
Travel: Potential for travel of up to 60% (Domestic + International)