Our client is a US entity with office in Central Tokyo looking to hire a HR Generalist (Payroll, Benefits, and Visa).
The main focus of the post-holder is to conduct payroll processes - collecting data, generating reports for the accounting office, and working directly with our payroll vendor. They will also work closely with the recruitment team with onboarding and offboarding procedures (e.g. Social Insurance, Mynumber and visa related paperwork) as well as provide professional advice for staff and faculty on HR and payroll matters.
Payroll and Benefits:
- Collection and maintenance of timesheets, payroll, and benefits information in order to create monthly payment summary files
- Monthly preparation of payroll data to be sent to our payroll vendor
- Administration of e-payslip system
- Process social insurance enrollments and changes
- Assist preparation of year-end tax adjustments
- Administration of retirement benefits scheme
- Assist HR Manager with onboarding and offboarding processes (Orientation, exit meetings, Mynumber etc.)
- Administration of maternity and childcare leave
- Answer questions from staff and faculty on social insurance issues
- Support non-Japanese staff regarding visa issues
- Arrange work visas/permits for both Main office and local hires
- Maintain database for visa related information
- Assist with documentation preparation for obtaining visas, extensions and changes of status.
- Issue various employment related certificates for staff and faculty
- Monthly maintenance of staff lists
- Maintenance of attendance/annual leave records
- Assist with other HR administrative work as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese and English. The ideal candidate will need to interact effectively with a wide range of people at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, ERP, CRM)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills, demonstrated ability to work to deadlines.
- Knowledge of payroll and Japanese Social Insurance
- Nissho Boki 3rd grade or equivalent experience
- 3+ years HR, General Affairs, or Accounting experience in an international environment a plus
- Knowledge of work visa matters a plus
- Working knowledge of HRIS a plus
- Flexible and able to manage according to changing priorities