Our client is a US entity with office in Central Tokyo looking to hire a Help Desk Lead to provide technical support for all the other departments, including the business office and the library as well as the various academic departments.
The Help Desk Lead will manage the help desk to ensure high level support for clients and users to provide the best possible computing experience.
- Primary function of this position is to manage the help desk team
- Provide 1st level desktop support helpdesk
- Provide assistance to end users
- Manage Help Desk Team roster
- Identify opportunities for improvement within the helpdesk and IT areas
- Provide front line support to clients on connectivity, printing, productivity applications & business applications.
- Answer, evaluate and prioritize incoming telephone, voice mail, and email requests for assistance from staff experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking and other computer related technologies.
- Manage PC and Macintosh computer labs
- Technical maintenance
- Open/Close computer lab
- Lab reservations
- Provide Audio-Visual equipment support
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Provide IT orientation
- Set up and regularly update computers
- Contact vendors for support, repairs etc. as necessary
- Assist with coordinating IT or AV hardware installation on campus
- Handle and carefully document all cash transactions at help desk
- Carefully monitor and document inventory of consumables, e.g. toner, items for sale
- Create and update manuals
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English.
- Understanding and experience for supporting of Microsoft Office 2010/2013 Application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Installation and troubleshooting experience with PC workstations, printers and basic network equipment.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and customer service skills
- Creative, team player and self-motivated
- Good attention to detail
- Professional appearance and attitude
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Native-level Japanese speaker is preferred.
- 2-3 years Help Desk experience.
- Microsoft Windows 7/8.1 support experience in Windows-based network
- Mac OS X experience/knowledge
- Sound/Audio equipment experience
- Development experience with Java , HTML, CSS and LAMP stack