Our client is a global Education Technology company headquartered in California that offers a cloud-bases SaaS suite of language learning solutions that help nonnative English speakers reach their career potential using Business English.
Based in central Tokyo, our client is looking for a Customer Success Support Associate (Technical Support) to help customers in Japan and the APAC region by providing customer support and solving customer technical issues on desktop or mobile devices, and respond to technical and non-technical customer queries in their supported languages.
Reasons to join:
- Truly global company: use English at work!
- Great career development opportunities
- Respond to request and queries from customers using products/services in local language or English while ensuring Customer Satisfaction. Manage and answer Internet-based inquiries from customers in via email, live-chat or phone if needed
- Analyze problems regarding non-functioning software and recommend corrective action. Recommend solutions to customer’s application questions.
- Provide proactive and reactive customer service to ensure the customer is receiving adequate support from the company.
- Develop strong working relationships with cross-functional teams and coordinate with various departments within the company to ensure that customer needs are handled in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain technical expertise in all products/services.
- 2 to 4 years of equivalent work experience in a fast-paced support environment.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills (fluency) in English and Japanese. Other language is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with the Internet and SaaS business model.
- Must have excellent soft skills and “can-do” attitude.
- Must be a team player and open to working in a diverse cultural team while maintaining local cultural and policy requirements
- Proficient with Windows Operating system, Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Should be familiar with multiple web browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome) and operating platforms (Windows and Mac). Device support experience (phones, tablets) a plus.
- Proven Technical aptitude. Experience or knowledge in software applications along with experience using the Internet and web-based solutions.
- Working experience in any standard CRM tools, screen-sharing, effective communication, software quality assurance tools and collaboration tools.
- Superior customer service skills with experience in handling difficult customer situations. Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, work independently with changing priorities, and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential material and possess excellent judgment. Ability to acquire and apply new technical knowledge quickly.
- Strong Troubleshooting and analytical skills to be able to isolate technical issues for resolution or escalation.
- Developing networking and protocol knowledge: SMTP, DNS, FTP, SSH, TCP/IP, RMTP. Candidate should be ready to use a script or knowledge base article to explain these protocols along with a fundamental understanding of proxy servers and settings.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills.