1) an awesome Networking Industry Professional
2) who likes to provide superior support experiences for your customers?
Yes? Well, I would love to to talk with you about my client, a leader in their area of networking
Apply here or contact me, Mike Pollard directly at email@example.com
- Lead a team of GTS support engineers to manage Japan-specific customer requirements to start with and may add other geographies
- Establish & monitor team performance expectations through annual HR process, providing regular feedback & coaching as necessary
- Assist engineers to develop in their support role and progress towards future career objectives
- Performs other people management related obligations and duties, such as disciplinary, performance management, hire and termination.
- Ensuring team is equipped to manage workload through staffing, process efficiencies and on-call schedule as appropriate for given function
- Manage / coordinate / define on-call rotations as required to support 7x24x365 coverage
- Provide input as required for GTS and / or Engineering operational reviews
- Participate as Management Escalation contact as required by organizational structure to enable 7x24x365 coverage
- Escalation management of hot issues both from a customer management perspective, as well through providing managerial support & guidance to engineers as required
- Coordinate with other support teams to ensure cases are progressing and all deliverables are met.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with other teams and customers
- Chair Customer Operational Review meetings as required
- Conduct regular case reviews to manage customer tickets and work on hand.
- Develop an intimate in-depth knowledge of the Customer networks, deployments and overall solutions employed with Layer 0-2 equipment
- Identify Advance Service opportunities where possible
- Manage and involve in remote technical support (via telephone or on line) for identified Layer 0-2 products 24x7 when required through team. On call duty includes evenings and weekends as needed.
- Provide on-site support to Customers where required.
- Fulfill role of Resident Engineer requirement as required
- Provide input to the PLC process as a GTS prime as required
- Assume responsibilities of a Lead Engineer as required or situation demands.
- Communicate with Design and manufacturing on problems / issues found in the field.
- Utilize debug tools as well as lab research to aid Customer’s technical problem. Recover information necessary to escalate the incident or issue to Design, Product/Project Management, Documentation, or Training
- Work with Quality Assurance, Design, Product Management, Technical Publications, and Training to provide Customer feedback.
- Review, validate and publish required performance /standards documents
- Contribute to knowledgebase and run skill improvement plan for team with clear goals aligned to business.
- Mentor, train newly hired, and advancing Technical Support Engineers.
- Influence business community as customer advocate to drive resolution of product issues as well as to drive product improvement initiatives into Engineering, PLM, Quality, etc.
- Facilitate collaborative relationships between immediate team and peer Global Technical Support team, as well as between immediate team and other internal teams / organizations to ensure high level of customer satisfaction
- Represents the department effectively & professionally as required, both internally as well as to customers
- First level manager leading team of engineers in providing 7x24x365 technical support of global customer installed base for networking products.
- Manage / groom / mentor team of engineers to run technical support function for Japan’s & APAC customers. It includes flexible approach to meet customer deliverables. Role has amalgamation of Technical, Managerial and Customer Management skills to handle
- Customer case management
- Manage escalations
- Customer communications
- Cross functional working with Sales/Services/Project/Product experts in same or different time zone ensuring timely delivery of solution to our customer
- Responsible and drive customer satisfaction with regular interactions, timely responses and resolving customer network challenges.
- Maintain MIS for technical support cases product wise and severity wise for Customer and management review
- Identify service business opportunities and help the services business to grow.
- Good understanding of telecommunications systems and / or of layer 0-2 specific products
- Proven team leadership and / or crisis management skills
- Knowledge of computers, Microsoft software applications and data communications, UNIX/Sun and IP network experience would be a benefit
- Must have proficiency with various software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Visio
- Proven leadership capabilities.
- Experience as technical lead engineer
- Good abilities to build relationships build and proven record of excellent Customer focus
- Team player that is ready to contribute or lead troubleshooting
- Willing to take responsibility for complete problem resolution
- Ability to deal with stressful situations with colleagues and customers
- Must have the ability to communicate in English language both verbal and written
- Excellent Customer service skills are required and can work with customer on both technical and management levels
- Work in a collateral environment, which promotes sharing of knowledge and experiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be punctual and able to accept unusual work hours when dealing with critical customer issues, typically at very short notice.
- Proficient with various office software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Clear understanding of Technical Support within the company
- Ability to analyze, trouble-shoot and resolve complex problems
- Motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills and an ability to work from broad guidelines with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge and understanding of transport and switching systems for telecommunications applications/Systems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from a four-year college or university
- 12 years or more related experience in a support or equivalent role with direct customer support experience
- Combination of equivalent education & experience
Nice to Have
- Considered subject matter expert on multiple technologies and products; preferably Layer 0-2 products.