Our client offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services.
Our team operates as an extension of our clients business. Our clients put their trust in our people and our solutions and we deliver to that trust. We collaborate internally and externally with credibility and discipline. We demonstrate agile leadership with a confidence in our abilities to deliver, whilst at the same time ensuring that we continue to raise the bar in all that we do. Our people are encouraged to face challenges with courage and confidence and to remember that our clients have placed their trust in what they do each day.
Operations Center is accountable for all platform and network for managed hosting customers and co-location customers. Operations Center works 24 x 7 by shift and support customer’s systems and services as an extension of their business.
Operations Center Engineer operates as Tier 1 and 2 and handles all email and phone call communication in Japanese and English with customers, and monitoring/case handling/Change Management/Incident Management, and escalates to next tier if required.
2 members in a shift
12.5 hours and 2 hours break per shift
3 days on 3 days off : work on 3 days in shift and then will have 3 days off.
- “Day” shift : 8:00 – 20:30
- “Night” shift : 20:30 – 8:30
* Day and Night shift changes every 5-6 weeks.
* Shift schedule and work time may be subject to change.
- Email and Phone based communications in both Japanese and English
- Reading and Writing in both Japanese and English
- Desirable language skills :
- Japanese : Native level
- English : Business level (better to have any certificate such as TOEIC)
- Participate in mandatory meeting and training sessions
- Monitor and maintain the health of managed hosting services
- Work with customers to resolve issues in a timely manger
- Create or update documentation including network diagrams, procedures, and policies to ensure consistent support of customer environments
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills (including Preferred Requirements)
- Possess an understanding of basic Network
- Possess an understanding of basic and working knowledge of
- Unix (Solaris) and Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux)
- Windows 2003, 2008 and/or 2012
- Database (Oracle, MSSQL and/or MySQL)
- Major applications: Apache, Tomcat, IIS etc.
- Good negotiation skills, Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Experience in systems support role
- Report writing skills
- Strong and Effective communication skills
- Supportive and committed team player
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Flexible and adaptable