Leading global provider of powerful cloud solutions for delivering and monetizing video across connected devices. With thousands of customers in over 70 countries that rely on the company’s cloud solutions to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to audiences everywhere.
We are looking for someone who can take leadership in interacting with publishers and content owners on a technical level. The candidate must be highly motivated, extremely organized, team-oriented, creative, and possess outstanding communication skills.
This position will report to the Tokyo-based Director of Professional Service, Japan and work closely and collaboratively with customers and internal stakeholders, including sales reps, post-sales engineering teams in Tokyo and product- / technology-related teams in headquarters.
The job involves frequent visit to prospects and customers, mainly in Tokyo. Working for us affords you unparalleled access to scale, distribution and operational maturity while maintaining a small, agile and entrepreneurial culture. You can build up the deep knowledge in online media platforms and also experience of digital marketing. We recruit and retain highly qualified and motivated individuals, create an environment where they can innovate and achieve their best, and reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success.
- Take full responsibility for the technical aspects of the sales cycle including introductory meetings, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional supporting technical resources. Identify and handle key customer technical objections, prescriptively guiding them to success.
- Help customers shape and execute the business strategies
- Work with customers to understand their specific needs and translate internally into product feedback
- Work with senior leadership at clients and within the company to make sure client needs are met.
- Develop technical solutions for client-specific use cases.
- Continuously develop relationships at the "implementation" level within each customer relationship.
- Work closely with product management team to maintain the feedback loop from customers.
- Work closely with the corporate customer support team to share learning across key customer accounts.
- Travel when necessary to meet customers - must be willing to be on the road often.
- Bachelor degree of Computer Science or relevant background
- 3+ years experience in a Technical Sales role, or an implementation role.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task across a wide range of tasks and clients.
- Demonstrated ability to present to technical audiences and be able to handle objections on the fly.
- An ability to listen to customer needs, assess these needs effectively and address them through new product and service offerings.
- Experience with at least one server-side language (PHP, Python, Java, etc.) strongly preferred
- Any experience with native mobile app development a plus
- Experience developing technical solutions.
- Experience working with OVP and Mobile solutions a plus.
- Experience in streaming media or video space a plus.
- Native fluency in Japanese
- Intermediate (oral and written) in English