My client is a global digital solutions company headquartered in France that helps digital media organizations organize and distribute their content.
They are looking for a Project Engineer to join their brand new office in Shibuya. This is a great opportunity for someone to use their English and French language abilities (APAC HQ in Singapore), as well as work in a multicultural environment at a global company.
Reasons to join:
- Revolutionize a big industry in a dynamic, fast-growing, yet mature, company
- Benefit from great career opportunities around the world
- Make the most of a truly collaborative environment with supportive leadership
- Collaborate with talented and passionate team members
- Work in different major cities across Japan and APAC
Within the Project team, you will work on several of their client projects, all aimed at improving customer workflows.
As a Project Manager you will responsible for the deployment of software projects for major TV and Radio organiations in Japan and APAC by being the client's primary point of contact for all project related matters. The Project Management position has a focus on activities such as Customer & Internal reporting, planning and risks analysis. The Project Manager will have teams to manage, composed of Project Engineers and Trainers as well as to plan deliverables and resources forecast. The position also includes IT-related tasks such as systems analysis, software installation and configuration.
- Management of all phases of software product deployment life cycle
- Project resource and budget planning (Project and resource planning build and follow up, follow up of budget)
- Self-starter who can work independently, but also collaborate with a broader team
- Rigor and focus on details to guarantee bulletproof testing
- Provide accurate & detailed Reporting to Project Manager
- “Outside of the box” thinker to develop workarounds
- Able to self-train on new modules
- Contribute to improving our Software
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Ability to travel temporarily in Japan and abroad.
- Native fluency in Japanese language, both verbal and written skills
- Business level in English language, both verbal and written skills
- Experience in the Software industry (Software development or Software deployment)
- Experience in IT (network, servers). Relevant certification is a plus
- Strong analytical skills & Rigor in problem-solving
- Positive attitude, high energy, attention to detail and ability to drive projects
- Experience with the below platforms and tools will be considered as a plus:
- Microsoft Server environments
- XML / XSL
- Knowledge of Video codecs & Formats
- Broadcast (TV / Radio / web TV) experience