If you're a whizz with social media and understand how engaging players thru various channels can be used in marketing, then a career as a social media manager may be for you
The overall purpose of Social Media Manager (SMM) is to lead APAC Console (PS / XBox) social media strategy in order to boost visibility of current and future players and deeper engagement. This typically involves managing an organization’s online presence by developing a strategy, producing good contents, analyzing usage data, facilitating customer service and managing projects and campaigns.
Collaboratively working with Global Communication and Marketing teams and APAC Product Publishing teams, SMM drives social media strategy to grow player base and efficiency to player communication.
This role is based in the Tokyo office and will require some travel.
As a social media manager, you'll need to:
- Develop a social media strategy and set goals to increase brand awareness and increase engagement for APAC region
- manage all social media channels such as Facebook, LINE, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram
- build content and social execution plans with engaging multimedia contents such as videos, and/or outsource this effectively based on executional platforms (PC & mobile)
- explore and manage relationships with key influencers across the social media platforms
- manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- monitor and report performance on social media platforms using appropriate analytical tools
- be evangelist of APAC Social Media trend and share the best cases by competitors within Wargaming
- explore and manage external agencies when necessary
What to expect
- You are likely to find the role challenging but rewarding, as social media and the wider digital marketing industry is a continuously changing and fast-paced function
- You will usually be office based but may sometimes need to travel to meet clients/influencers or attend relevant networking events and conferences.
- A professional dress code is expected; however there may be a more relaxed approach in agencies, except when meeting clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, engineering, data science or relevant disciplines
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in relevant gaming, entertainment, or tech industries
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, in English and Japanese (ideally both however not mandatory)
- Ability to propose both short and long term solutions
- Great balance in creativity and realistic approach for regional strategy
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Strong ownership & self-initiative mind
- Strong influential skills, inclusion & empowering ability
- Excellent skills in MS Office, Windows, iOS, Android
- Familiarity with client's products
- Expert in various social media channels and consumer trend per player segment per country across APAC on both acquisition and engagement
- Familiar with various types and personals of influencers in APAC
- Ability to analyse and optimize marketing campaigns
- Experience working in a relevant anime, media, lifestyle entertainment companies