My client is a fashion retailer with a strong online presence. They have hundreds of stores around the globe and are looking quickly expand their operations both in Japan and globally. They are looking for a first person in Japan, IT Manger who will take care of the IT Operations in the Japan Head Office, retail stores and future warehouse.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for local IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Benchmark, analyse, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Negotiate and administer local vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Manage the local deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, Networking Equipment , operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals as well as retail stores POS and future warehouse.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the regions senior management, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT strategies, support performance and activities.
- Travel locally to retail shops (10%).
- Experience with one or all of: IT helpdesk management; Applications and Interface Support; Network and Infrastructure Support; and/or IT project management
- Experience in fashion / apparel / luxury / retail industries an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to proactively present and escalate ideas, suggestions and problems to ensure continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills