My client is looking for a Software Engineer with experience in building Rails APIs.
The ideal candidate will have deep technical expertise and strong experience collaborating in a team-oriented environment. Together with the team, you will develop, enhance, and advance the technology of their hosted analytics platform.
Things you will do
- Drive technical design, specifications, and implementation for our product from an APIs standpoint.
- Collaborate with Frontend / Backend developers, ensuring compatibility both ways.
- Ensure scalability, performance, and operationalization are always primary concerns during development.
- Work in a high pace, dynamic, agile development organization.
- Keep up to date of novel technical concepts that we should adopt (and which ones we should ignore)
Your background and skills include
- Extensive experience writing RESTful APIs in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with SQL and Relational Databases in a production environment.
- Knowledge of the design patterns at play when designing an API serving a UI.
- An understanding of the importance of testing above all when it comes to production-quality code.
- Strong sense of project ownership and responsibility.
- Familiar with cloud technologies (AW) and development/deployment in a cloud infrastructure.
- Strong communication skills with a remote team.
- Demonstrated initiative to stay abreast of technology advancements.
Would be great if you
- Have previous experience working on a large web application.
- Have the ability to work fullstack (from the DB all the way to the Frontend).
- Have contributed to a production-grade web application handling high traffic.
- Have experience in developing a fully managed cloud service.
- Have experience with NoSQL and/or Key-Value data stores.
- Have experience with microservices oriented architectures and authentication/authorization challenges.
- Could pride yourself of open source contributions.
- GitHub projects