Our client is one of the Top US and Global insurance software companies that help insurance agencies and brokerages manage their day to day operations. They are growing their professional services team based on strong client demand. They have an immediate need for a Senior Technical Integration Consultant based in Japan who can work on-site implementing their product for property and casualty insurance carriers. If you are looking to work with some of the smartest in the business our client is the right choice for you!
The ideal Technical Consultant has expertise in developing and testing software in a multi-tier web application environment and experience with Scrum or other Agile PM methodologies.
- Learn and master product in order to perform technical consulting and become certified.
- Use JAVA to integrate and configure our software at insurance carriers throughout Japan.
- Test applications based on project demands.
- Consult with insurance carrier technical resources to qualify technical and business requirements.
- Become well-versed in insurance industry technical so lutions as well as Java expertise.
Customer Focus/Team Work:
- Ability to work with a variety of customers from different departments in large and small groups.
- Dedication to delivering exceptional results.
- Strong personal initiative and ability to personally execute with minimal oversight.
- Cross functional skills and experience working on small teams.
- If Japanese is a second language, ability to speak Japanese at JLPT 2 or above level.
- If Japanese is a second language, practical knowledge of business environment and Japanese market challenges. Demonstrated track record of good relationship building in Japan.
- If English is a second language, demonstrated fluency in English language skills by TOEIC (Test of English for International Communications) – score of 800 – 900 or iBT – 93 or TOEFL scores 600 PBT, 250 CBT, or 100 iBT. in the absence of a testing benchmark, ability to pass language assessment during selection process;
Technical Consultants are expected to spend the majority of their time on site with the client's business and technical teams. Employs a flexible travel model that requires consultants to be on site four days per week. These roles representour clients software to their customer. The position requires a unique blend of technical expertise, design skills, programming skills, and customer-facing skills.
All technical consultants are required to have integration programming skills and a proven track record of working on demanding software projects to be accepted as a Technical Integration Consultants. Required skills/experience - all:
- 3 + years programming experience web technologies such as PHP, Ruby, or others; and / or experience in legacy application development; JAVA preferred
- Experience in engineering business process flows for application implementation;
- Experience in full-lifecycle software implementation projects;
- Experience developing technical specifications and implementing those specifications through a combination of custom programming and product configuration;
- Demonstrated ability to design, program, test, and deploy complicated integration software;
- Professional consulting experience or equivalent insurance business experience (minimum of 3 years for Sr. Technical Consultant); Flexible, enthusiastic approach to work including a strong desire to learn a new product and a new business domain.
- Background as an Analyst or Technical Consultant working with Fortune 500 customers;
- Prior business process and configuration experience with configurable software such as Peoplesoft, Siebel, or SAP;
- Experience with n-tier web architected solutions;
- Knowledge of policy, billing, or claim processes within an insurance company;
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile development methodologies;