Responsible for planning and managing software development, including these tasks:
● Responsible for software quality control, cost, and on-time delivery.
● Create and maintain project plans for outside software vendors and manage implementation according to established timeline, budget, and quality standards.
● Document system design and set expectations for delivery.
● Prepare proposals, business plans, work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and contract conditions as needed.
● Work with internal engineering team and outside vendors to define project scope, goals, and deliverables and to optimize engineering human resources, including frequent travel to vendor offices.
● Work with Project Manager and other subsystem managers to identify mission software needs and to plan development work to address them.
● Support software team in their careers and personal development. Empower software engineering team to be fulfilled and effective.
● Lead daily standups and other aspects of the agile development process.
● Interview and recruit team members.
● Exceptional communication skills.
● 3+ years in managing outside vendor software projects.
● Understanding of software development fundamentals, technical requirements, communication, simulation workflow, embedded system architecture and design.
● Experience with project planning software such as MS Project, Omniplan, etc.
● Experience with issue tracking software such as Redmine, Jira, GitHub issue tracker, etc.
● Some knowledge about high-level software development standards.
● Native-level Japanese, business-level English (TOEIC score of 700 or higher).
● Experience with space industry flight software projects.
● 3+ years of programming experience developing production software for clients on a deadline.
● Experience with Scrum system or other Agile frameworks as Product Owner and/or Scrummaster.
● Project Manager qualification such as PMP.