Our client is an American software company providing a cloud－based content collaboration platform, mainly for the Banking ＆ Financial industry, looking for a motivated Account Executive to join their team in Tokyo as they continue to expand their market share as the number one virtual data room provider.
The Account Executive’s main responsibility is to sell our client’s virtual data room services for merger & acquisition (M&A) purposes to financial advisory services companies.
Reasons to join:
- Join a venture-type company where you can use both Japanese & English
- Excellent career growth opportunities with a company with proven technology and strong brand awareness
- Great salary potential
- Office in Central Tokyo
- Identify and establish relationships with investment bankers, law firms and other advisory accounts to include attorneys and private equity professionals through prospecting and marketing leads for new accounts and expansion of contacts within existing accounts.
- Identifies the need for, and collects, information to better understand client issues and problems. Collects account history from all relevant organizations and published sources.
- Uses Twitter and LinkedIn Advanced Search to locate new C-level executives in corporations with profiles, and builds on these contacts to create business relationships.
- Develop sales strategy and account plans within account deck to gain greater market share to include proactive research of potential deal activities and trends.
- Deliver our client’s value proposition in the field, phone meetings and WebEx. Employs value based conversations to arrive at a highly differentiated solution.
- Engages customers in “unscripted” dialogue that focuses on addressing the customer’s problems.
- Articulates the value of our client’s solutions can solve, leveraging the strength of the brand, scale, and market position to place our client at a competitive advantage.
- Build and maintain strong sales pipeline and forecast, through discovery calls and meetings.
- Drive the sales process and manage the contract and approval process of new deals, including negotiating on price and getting approvals including contract terms.
- Meet or exceed set Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), for example on number of calls and meetings and other sales based activities.
- Conducts opportunity and account review sessions with manager using CoS tools. Completes required reports by deadline, maintains accurate forecast.
- Manage all information in our Salesforce.com CRM system related to the account(s).
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience
- Extensive B2B IT sales experience and prospecting & researching skills
- Good working knowledge of SaaS environments, business applications, industry trends and initiatives.
- Ability to run customer meetings, product demonstrations and customer presentations
- Ability to manage a high transactional book of business, with a focus on driving a large amount of sales activity into the defined territory list.
- Demonstrates tenacious sense to urgency to address client issues.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM and web-based technologies
- Must be a good communicator and skilled at developing relationships through sales outreach.
- A positive attitude and professional demeanor is essential along with the flexibility to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment with many clients.
- Ability to work with technical teams and internal departments to ensure customer success.
- Actively uses Twitter, LinkedIn and other “social selling” tools to connect positively with new and existing customers
- Native Level Japanese and Business Level English
- Bachelors’ degree with a major in Finance, Business Administration or similar preferred.
- SalesForce.com experience.
- General business experience in either investment banking, private equity or law firms
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross functionally with internal resources to ensure customer success.