- Manage project as the focal point for internal and external project communication.
- Manage all in house activities associated with project execution, including but not limited to: design, engineering, fabrication and installation, programming, commissioning, testing and troubleshooting.
- Run project kick-off meetings that includes key participants from the client company.
- Create and own project schedules and manage the scheduling and budgets for personnel for AV installations.
- Manage activities with the client, general contractor, construction manager, and other trades as required.
- Provide regular reports of job progress to all stakeholders.
- Facilitate the ordering of materials upon approval of submittal documents.
- Cooperatively manage and monitor the labor required to successfully complete a project, including engineering, fabrication and installation personnel over the course of the project.
- Solicit quotes from qualified subcontractors as required.
- Proactively manage the change order process
- Regularly inspect installation work performed by staff and/or subcontractors.
- Test and/or certify the performance of installed systems.
- Coordinate and/or provide training to client.
- Coordinate turn-over of project to service department at the end of each project.
Background in PM or technical engineering fields (AV / IT).
Fluent English and Native level Japanese language skills.
Good time management skills and organizational skills (prioritization of tasks, being able to follow up).
Multi-tasking (handling multiple projects concurrently).
Ability to work overtime and weekends when required.
3-5 years AV industry experience.
Knowledge of Crestron DM, Crestron Control, DSPs (Biamp, Clearone etc.)
Understanding of HDBASE-T, Encoding/Decoding, networking, signal flows.
Understanding of AutoCAD for schematics diagrams, elevation drawings and floor plans.
Understanding of general contractor procedures.
Understanding of how to test and commission video conferencing systems, control systems.
AV Cable terminations.
Engineer who is open to doing PM work.
CTS (Certified Technical Specialist), CTS-I certificate and/or PMP certificate.