Our client is a global provider of enterprise software support products and services and the leading third-party support provider for Oracle and SAP software products. In addition to their very competitive compensation packages, be prepared for challenging professional growth and fun along the way in their work hard, play hard corporate environment.
The Sr. Solutions Architect, Security will work with and support our clients sales organization to secure new clients and retain existing clients focusing primarily in the US, but working with a global team. You will provide assessment, design, project planning, implementation, management, and support services to clients, ensuring the comprehensive protection of Oracle and SAP products that no longer receive vendor developed security patches (such as Oracle Critical Patch Updates). You will develop controls and strategies that far exceed the requirement of replacing vendor security updates, and actually provide true security value, protecting some of the most mission critical systems in the world, while ensuring adherence to regulatory programs and requirements. The ideal candidate has experience in running security, audit and compliance consulting practices, and/or serving as the Chief Information Security Officer at a Fortune 2000 organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Positioning of our clients Advanced Database Security (ADS) Solution in the sales cycle to help close large Oracle Database contracts. The ADS solution is a very powerful and comprehensive OEM solution from McAfee.
- Provision of subject matter expertise and point of reference for matters involving information security, including best practice, controls, technologies, human factors, physical and operational security.
- Review, suggest, and implement improvements for security practices.
- Evaluate complex business and technical requirements, and communicate inherent security risks and solutions to technical and non-technical business owners.
- Lead the architecture, design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services.
- Development of logic (including rules and signatures) to mitigate the risk of vulnerabilities.
- Stay current on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and controls.
- Evangelize security and be an advocate for customer trust.
- Provide leadership and innovation in the design and implementation of security solutions and controls.
- Provide critical feedback to security solution providers and guidance in the development of product enhancements and features.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Other job related duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time
- 10+ years of progressive information security responsibility and experience.
- Exposure to common industry and regulatory standards - ISO, NIST, SOX, PCI, Privacy Shield.
- Highly technical and hands-on is a must.
- Extensive project related experience.
- Skilled in risk management, business risk analysis and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions.
- Strong knowledge in current security threats, trends and mitigations.
- Experience in design and delivery of enterprise-level security controls.
- Detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, applied cryptography, application and database security.
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing, and mitigation techniques.
- Threat hunting and mitigation
- Ethical with highest standards of integrity
- Ability to think critically and make clear, responsible and well-reasoned decisions.
- Passionate focus on customer support and the ability to build long term, successful working relationships with Clients
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills – verbal & written
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Extreme focus on Client satisfaction
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work calmly and professionally in high pressure, high stress situations
- Well-developed presentation and communication skills; effective working with clients.
- Ability to develop relationships based on trust, confidence and respect with customers and colleagues
- Ability to multi task multiple issues and tasks
- Ability to scale with a rapidly growing business including addition of products and countries
- Ability to travel without restriction both domestically & internationally
- Mastery in one or more of the following areas, products or solutions:
- McAfee Datacenter Security Suite for Databases
- Open Source security solutions such as
- ModSecurity and custom signature development
- Snort IPS
- Reverse Proxy configuration via Apache and Tomcat TLS offload via OpenSSL
- F5 products and the ASM features
- Imperva or other WAF solutions
- Securing Java JRE and JVM’s.
- Application Security Related Certifications
- A consulting background, while not mandatory, would be useful