My client is a software support company looking to hire an experienced Sr. Support Engineer, SAP FICO resident with fluent Japanese skills who can work remotely or within the same time zone region. Widely recognized as the leading industry analysts, they are expanding their team exponentially both globally and within Japan. They are voted Most Innovative Service of the Year, Most Friendly Customer Support and Top Companies to work for.
The role of the Sr. Support Engineer, SAP FICO is to provide exceptional remote-based support for mission-critical SAP applications as part of our global customer support team. The position has the responsibility for researching, troubleshooting and supporting of multiple SAP modules for our global clients who use both 4.x and ECC environments. The role of the Sr. Support Engineer, SAP FICO requires the expertise and skills to diagnose serious issues; then develop, test, package and deliver fixes for such issues in complex, integrated and highly-configured environments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Solve complex customer issues using methodical troubleshooting based on expert knowledge of SAP applications functionality and technology
- Work closely with customers on a daily basis to understand their needs, support business change and deliver a consistently high quality customer experience
- Provide remote-based functional support & training for multiple SAP modules
- Support client customizations, sharing implementation and best practices advice
- Develop application break fixes for critical product defects
- Create scripts to identify, analyze and correct data issues
- Manage one or more key assigned accounts as a technical/functional advisor
- Provide hands-on assistance using proprietary tools in a test environment or via remote client connectivity
- Be a pro-active contributor to a support organization which is running 24x7x365, this will require the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays and monitoring email regularly outside standard business hours
- Collaborate with team members in a virtual team environment to extend field experience to different client situations
- Contribute to the development and management of knowledge-sharing methodologies, diagnostic tools, and creative processes, to improve the client experience
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Other job related duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time.
Japan or similiar time zone.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years relevant SAP experience particularly with FI,CO Modules
- 5+ years direct support of application end-users in a Corporate environment
- A track record of successful roles in several SAP implementation or upgrade projects
- Deep working knowledge and understanding of supporting business processes
- Analytical, logical problem resolution skills
- SAP certification(s) preferred
- Knowledge of localizations: architecture, implementation and key functionality
- Expertise with SAP 4.x and ECC, including full life-cycle implementation experience, configuration and administration of the application.
- Knowledge of maintenance/patching mechanics and SAP architecture.
- Demonstrable history solving complex problems across multiple modules.
- Superb trouble-shooting skills and tenacity in problem solving.
- Passionate focus on customer support and the ability to build long term, successful working relationships with Clients.
- Strong knowledge of key application functionality, tables and relationships.
- Deep knowledge of SAP customization/extension methodologies.
- Excellent development skills using SAP toolset.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills – verbal & written.
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly.
- Extreme focus on Client satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work calmly and professionally in high pressure situations.
- The best candidates will have extensive knowledge of multiple SAP modules across releases (4.x & ECC) including proficiency with SAP product module/suite business processes, navigation mechanics, configuration requirements, integration with other modules and knowledge of underlying technology
- Knowledge of SAP Industry Solutions Public Sector would be an advantage
- Knowledge of any Country Specific Solutions would be an advantage
- A consulting background, while not mandatory, would be useful
- A nice to have, Englsih speaking
- Experience with localizations and global implementations would be an advantage