The Application Engineer, as part of our Technical Support Team, will be responsible for resolving tier-1 and tier-2 customer problems. In this role, the engineer will work closely with our developers and existing technical support staff to provide high-quality support to our customers. Tasks essential to this position include:
- Troubleshoot incoming customer problems through email and/or phone conversations.
- Work with existing global teams and developers to provide resolution to customer issues.
- Research and respond to customer requests and provide detailed explanations to address questions and concerns from some of the world’s brightest developers and software architects.
- Develop documentation, Knowledge Base articles, best practices, troubleshooting guides and Whitepapers
- Create and improve on existing test environments
- Self-starter with the ability to work with a fantastic global team
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in technical support or development
- Ability to read and debug one or more of the following languages C/C++, C#, Objective C, Java
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with variety of industry hardware platforms, operating systems (Linux/Unix, Windows, etc.).
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards (e.g. TCP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SIP, OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- Extensive technical expertise; the ability to solve problems and determine the root cause of issues.
- Ability to work in a small, fast-paced environment. Strong work ethic.
- Ability to use and train others on the use of development tools, software, and advanced troubleshooting procedures. Must be able to tailor content to meet the needs of the client.
- Effective handling of multiple critical, client support situations and effectively communicate with senior management.
- Ability to quickly assimilate complex problems and develop a resolution strategy.
- Smart, creative, energetic, conscientious, and enthusiastic persona.
- Enjoy fast-paced, energetic environment. Entrepreneurial and results-oriented.
- Team player with a customer-focused attitude