Our client is in the market for an Events Manager familiar with the video game market.
As a big part of a small team, you'll create quality-driven branded trade shows and events in Japan.
You are comfortable managing a wide range of vendor relationships and believe customer service is paramount.
You are known for your organization, excellent judgment, and ability to think on your feet.
You are no stranger to working on multiple projects simultaneously, know the trade show rules and lingo, and are just as comfortable working on large tradeshows as intimate community and media events.
As the Events Manager, you will work alongside the marketing department, IT team, creative agencies and contractors to define events that are engaging and memorable.
- Plan and execute experiences that are engaging for users and partners
- Manage internal resources, travel, external creative agencies, and contractors to produce high-quality events and creative assets
- Work collaboratively with the Events team from time to time, to make sure events in Japan are in alignment with global practices
- Organize and make effective plans while working in a fast-paced environment
- Review events calendar and determine with sales, support, and marketing which will be attended, the type of presence required, and projected budgets
- Manage contract and accounting process associated with events
- Work with the Marketing team to set goals and KPIs, ensuring that these goals are in line with overall business and marketing priorities
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience managing tradeshows and events including planning and onsite management
- Excellent project management skills
- Extremely organized and able to be effective while shifting focus quickly
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable with a high volume of travel
- Comfortable leading and setting project direction in collaboration with diverse stakeholders
- Familiar with and passionate about the game industry
- Experience working with game industry tradeshows