Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as technical pre-sales and drive the Transport and Switching components of the customer engagements such as demos, trials or certifications for products.
- Support APAC accounts and Sales Engineers in pre-sales activities that include answering technical questions, customer bid (RFP/RFI) technical support or providing technical consultancy/presentations and training to the customer, solution evaluation and design
- Complete test execution in Customer labs, which includes performance, scalability and security
- In the process, capture any product issues and feed into R&D for resolution. Capture any customer requests for incremental capabilities that could potentially be rolled into upcoming releases.
- Develop a trusted working relationship with customer.
- Ensure customer and engineering are updated regularly on all issues during the testing.
- Support deployment and post-sales support teams as required.
Desired Skills / Characteristics
- Hands-on experience engineering , testing or deploying networks on Transport and switching platforms (Nokia/Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Ciena Huawei, Fuji, Infinera) . Key strength in L0/L1 with good hands on L2/NMS
- Hands-on experience with Experience in DWDM technologies, such as ROADM and wavelength management
- Hands-on experience with Experience in Optical technologies such as OTN , SONET/SDH & Control Plane
- Knowledge of various Customer Services drivers and requirements (Mobile Backhaul, Ethernet Business Services, SDH replacement etc.)
- Experience and working knowledge of Ethernet and related technologies ( MPLS, G.8032, QinQ, Synch E, MEF 2.0 services etc.) would be an asset
- Experience with IP and related routing protocols (OSPF, BGP and ISIS) would be an asset
- Highly self-motivated team player with ability to collaborate and interact with cross-functional organizations both within the company, our customers and with our partners
- Excellent presentation / communication skills.
- Meticulously execute test plans or method of procedure while thoroughly documenting results in a comprehensive matter
- Ability to work with customers and account teams to understand requirements and priorities
- Multitasking and adaptability to changing project, priorities and market demands.
- Utilize advanced test methodologies and troubleshooting techniques
- Ability for frequent Domestic and International travel at short notice.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics or Computer Science or equivalent field of discipline
- Minimum 8 years in telecommunications related industry
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in product system testing/verification of network transport technologies would be an asset
- Linux server, Windows OS and applications and scripting experience is an asset
- Experience in software design and development tools, management system communications protocols, data/performance measurements, and OS and applications upgrades is an asset