Our client is a global company offering a web platform and mobile application to book travel activities.
They are currently looking for a Business Development Director to join their fast-growing team in Tokyo.
Reasons to join:
· International company: bilingual opportunity
· Venture-type working environment: be part of well-established company growing in Japan!
· Develop and maintain a high-quality portfolio of attraction, tour, transportation and activity (Things To Do) products for our client’s rapidly growing, global customer base;
· Acquisition: Acquire suppliers and bring them onboard our cleint's platform. Support onboarding of products and coordinate with operations, content, editorial and quality control teams;
· Account Management: Cultivate relationships with partners to help maximize their sales potential on our client’s various distribution platforms. Communicate our client’s business strengths and brand value to suppliers;
· Optimization: Continuously ensure the quality of products, in terms of pricing, inventory, and content, maintain at a market leading position at all times;
· Coordination: Work closely with various functions in the company - marketing to maximize sales, supplier operations to improve efficiency, customer services to drive satisfaction and repeats, finance to ensure accurate payment and minimise risk. Flexibility and attentiveness to details are essential in our fast-paced environment;
· Market updates: Support market leaders to identify market trends and provide market & competitor updates through on-going research and feedback;
· Leadership: Supervise assigned team to deliver tangible results in each of the above areas
· 8yrs+ work experience with 2yrs destination management or OTA supply experience. High familiarity with travel products, experience with attractions, activities, tours and transportation preferred;
· Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or business management preferred;
· Strong commercial sense, as well as analytical, written and verbal communications skills;
· Confident, self-motivated and goal-oriented;
· Globally-minded and comfortable working with people from different cultural backgrounds;
· A start-up attitude – highly collaborative with an entrepreneurial, roll-up-your sleeves attitude that’s not afraid to work independently when required.
· Native level in Japanese and business level in English or above