My client is a provider of an advertising software platform used by advertisers, agencies and media companies to target specific consumer audiences across many devices. They are looking for an Account Manager for their large existing clients.
The Account Manager will be responsible for delivering exceptional client service to our platform partners. They will be responsible for internal and external stakeholder management and ensure that barriers to spend are proactively addressed to meet business outcomes.
The AM is responsible for ensuring that clients and internal teams can work together well to determine campaign objectives, deliver against those objectives, and efficiently report back against those objectives.
Additionally the AM will be involved in delivering education sessions to our partners and will generate innovative, relevant and engaging solutions for clients to support the extraction of revenue.
The AM will report in to the Commercial Director.
- Campaign Management (non-operational)
- Respond to briefs in a timely manner
- Ensure that all campaign requirements are determined, documented and communicated to the internal operational team prior to the commencement of any campaign
- Act as the clients’ voice internally and ensure optimal execution of the campaign
- Communication of, and assistance with, the resolution of any mid-campaign issues
- Work with Platform Operations team to monitor client activity and provide consultation services so that clients maximize platform output: operational efficiency, campaign performance, revenue/profit extraction.
- Generate and present End of Campaign reporting
- Support Sales with client engagement
- Create and maintain strong, resilient relationships with individuals at a variety of levels at the client organization and within internal teams
- Office Hours at clients’ office
- Organise and coordinate Lunch & Learn sessions
- Surgery sessions – Create a platform for dialogue with clients – use these sessions to demo the platform, communicate new product releases, educate, listen to concerns, provide ‘creative’ solutions etc.
- Monthly client events – Drinks, lunches, agency education sessions etc.
- Agency/client team QBR sessions
- Act as a local expert on where to access relevant case studies to support Business Development efforts.
- Be an expert and work with the Sales team to develop and lead the client facing video education program
- Help support and advocate the internal education programme – present areas of interest to the wider team
- Invite key people from the industry to come into office and present
- Broaden knowledge and contacts by attending industry events
- To understand and be able to articulate our value in the advertising ecosystem to agency clients
- Understand and be able to present tools such as DAR, WhiteOps, Viewability etc
- Market/vertical research – Develop a bank of compelling case studies
- Work with research partners to provide insight and confidence to clients – Nielsen, Video Research, JIAA
- Work with Sales to monitor client satisfaction, opportunities for incremental spend and identify issues before they impact revenue
- Work with sales and finance to help build accurate forecasts and revenue pipelines, including month end reconciliation process.
- Assess trends within the revenue
- Help to identify opportunities for growth in spend with existing clients
- Fluent written and spoken business Japanese
- Fluent written and spoken business English
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 4-5 years of experience in the Media Industry
- 3-4 years of experience of Account Management
- Evidence of a pro-active attitude
- Evidence of objection handling
- Evidence of combining the best of internal global culture and values with Japanese business etiquette
- Some basic technical knowledge would be advantageous
- A sales background, or proven ability to upsell would be advantageous
- Strong agency contacts preferred