Overview of Position
Our client seeks an Accounting Manager for Accounts Payable, The Manager (AP) will lead overall accounting and book closing activities mainly in the field of payables, and maintain a sound fiscal foundation of internal control. He / She will maintain business relationships to work closely with department managers, to improve compliance and operational efficiency of the university. He / She will support the CFO`s role as his “right hand person”, and train / coach subordinates for the development of finance organization. They will also manage one more junior staff.
Great opportunity with good work life balance and benefits. Bi lingual environment.
JOB TITLE: Manager (AP) Finance and Accounting
09:00-17:30 Monday to Friday
Chief Financial Officer
6,500,000-8,000,000 JPY per year.
*Promotion opportunity within a few months.
- Lead daily accounting and monthly / annual closing process, mainly in the field of AP.
- Responsible for timely payment of expenses & payables, include bank processing.
- Timely reconciliation and process confirmation for the accuracy of financial reporting.
- Administrate chart of account, under review & approval by CFO.
- Set & maintain proper control over accounting process to assure quality of reporting.
- Responsible for maintenance of fixed asset ledger (addition, deletion, edition, audit)
- Work for cross functional projects for compliance or operation process improvements.
- Support to CFO role. Work for ad-hoc projects assigned by CFO.
- Support to organizational management by CFO. Manage development process of subordinates.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of USGAAP/JGAAP accounting.
- Knowledge and experience of internal control. Strong analytical skill.
- Excellent computer skills and highly capable in Microsoft Excel. Experience of ERP
- Diligence and integrity. High ethical standard as finance / accounting specialist.
- Business insight and motivation, to contribute to business goal of organization.
- Open minded and proactive. Strong problem solving skill. Partnership with co-workers.
- People management, training and coaching skill
- Fluent in Japanese with business level English
- Strong communication skills in a multicultural environment
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
● CPA (US/JP) preferred (But not required)
● Experience of both in specialist firm and in business industry.