Our client is a cloud content management tool for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, capital raises, corporate restructuring, and other strategic transactions.
They are seeking a high-energy, motivated Account Executive to represent them as they continue to expand their market share as the leading virtual data room provider.
The Account Executive is responsible for selling virtual data room services for merger & acquisition (M&A) purposes to all levels within the advisory services communities which consist of investment banks, private equity and law firms.
- Identify and establish relationships with investment bankers, law firms and other advisory accounts to include attorneys and private equity professionals through prospecting and marketing leads for new accounts and expansion of contacts within existing accounts.
- Identifies the need for, and collects, information to better understand client issues and problems. Collects account history from all relevant organizations and published sources.
- Uses Twitter and LinkedIn Advanced Search to locate new C-level executives in corporations with profiles, and builds on these contacts to create business relationships.
- Develop sales strategy and account plans within account deck to gain greater market share to include proactive research of potential deal activities and trends.
- Deliver the client's value proposition in the field, phone meetings and WebEx. Employs value based conversations to arrive at a highly differentiated solution.
- Engages customers in “unscripted” dialogue that focuses on addressing the customer’s problems.
- Articulates the value of client's solutions can solve, leveraging the strength of the brand, scale, and market position to place at a competitive advantage.
- Build and maintain strong sales pipeline and forecast, through discovery calls and meetings.
- Drive the sales process and manage the contract and approval process of new deals, including negotiating on price and getting approvals including contract terms.
- Meet or exceed set Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), for example on number of calls and meetings and other sales based activities.
- Conducts opportunity and account review sessions with manager using CoS tools. Completes required reports by deadline, maintains accurate forecast.
- Manage all information in our Salesforce.com CRM system related to the account(s).
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience
- Extensive business experience that may include relevant internships
- (Including) relevant experience in a quota bearing sales role.
- Good working knowledge of SaaS environments, business applications, industry trends and initiatives.
- General knowledge of mergers and acquisitions and broader financial services industry.
- Developed prospecting and researching skills
- Ability to run customer meetings, product demonstrations and customer presentations
- Must be able to be situational fluent in front of the customer, to be ready to respond and to adapt to what they are saying and to respond to objections by differentiating the client's solutions and values.
- Ability to manage a high transactional book of business, with a focus on driving a large amount of sales activity into the defined territory list.
- Demonstrates tenacious sense to urgency to address client issues.
- Knowledgeable of business etiquette and company operations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM and web-based technologies
- Must be a good communicator and skilled at developing relationships through sales outreach.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize critical activities
- Able to think and act creatively and tactically.
- A positive attitude and professional demeanor is essential along with the flexibility to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment with many clients.
- Ability to work with technical teams and internal departments to ensure customer success.
- Entrepreneurial attitude.
- Actively uses Twitter, LinkedIn and other “social selling” tools to connect positively with new and existing customers
- Native Level Japanese or JLPT-1 and Business Level English
- Bachelors’ degree with a major in Finance, Business Administration or similar preferred.
- Relevant experience in a quota bearing sales role
- SalesForce.com experience.