The client company is currently creating a platform to connect Japanese real estate professionals to overseas ones, who then market and sell Japanese properties to their clients. On the mobile aspect, they are also developing an iOS and Android application to provide asset management services for these investors after their purchase of Japanese assets. Not only does the application manage the property itself, it can also help property owners connect to other professional services they need, such as finding a tax consultant. In the future, they aim to expand beyond Japanese properties to all properties around the world.
As an early stage startup, they have a totally flat structure. You'd be joining a small – yet international – team of engineers with a startup minded spirit in which you'll be encouraged not only to contribute your ideas but also join any part of the development process. That is exactly why they are looking for self-starting engineers with strong background experience and a decision-oriented dynamic.
- Design and develop Wealth Park Android app in a small and collaborative team environment with a strong focus on usability and performance.
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques.
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance.
- Collaborate with iOS and server-side engineers on code reviews.
- B.S or M.S Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant object-oriented software development experience.
- 2+ years experience building complex native Android applications.
- Experience shipping 2+ apps, ideally currently available in Google Play.
- Proficient in the following technologies: Java and related frameworks Multi-
- Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills and dedication to engineering excellence.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Be open-minded, flexible and have a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Business proficiency in Japanese is a plus.
- Experience and/or passion for real estate is a plus.