Our client is a European provider of innovative solutions, engineering services, consulting, training, and support for the development of embedded systems for the automotive industry and other sectors of the embedded industry.
They are looking for a MCD/Application Engineer to join their team in Yokohama!
- Acquire and maintain a hands-on knowledge of the complete product line with a focus on measurement and calibration tools.
- Beta testing of products including preparation for local product release (CD preparation, Japanese customer letters, announcement letters, online help documentation etc.)
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the customer applications and use cases. Utilize this understanding for enhancing the customer’s efficiency and for providing optimized solutions to customer issues.
- Support the post-sales cycle through technical assistance, trouble shooting, coaching, and training.
- Act as the first contact for all customer support calls / contacts. Track customer calls and ensure a timely closure of these calls.
- Work with local sales organization to ensure a coordinated and cumulative development of sales channels
- Engineering degree and at least 3 years of working experience in engineering of embedded systems or automotive electronics
- Understanding of control engineering, system dynamics, and good programming skills
- Automotive software development and use-case know-how
- Distinct sense of responsibility, quality, entrepreneurial mindset, and high degree of assertiveness
- Excellent interpersonal & intercultural skills are required for customer interaction and internal cross-functional teamwork
- Good presentation skills, conduct of English, and strong desire for continuous self-improvement
- High willingness for traveling to customers in Japan and occasional international business trips