Our client is an American multinational software technology company, that provides speech and imaging applications. Current business products focus on server and embedded speech recognition, telephone call steering systems, automated telephone directory services, medical transcription software and systems, optical character recognition software, and desktop imaging software.
This person will work within the Core Imaging team selling a combination of boxed and license software via Corporate Resellers into a mixture of Enterprise, SMB and Public Sector organizations to help reduce costs, improve efficiency and streamline document workflows. They will work alongside Marketing, Pre Sales, Product Development and Support teams to sell multiple seat license deals into key focus accounts reporting to the Regional Sales Manager. He/She will be responsible for overseeing the entire corporate reseller channel including distribution management and all end user relationships. Also he/she will be responsible for recruiting new distributors and resellers.
- Achievement of annual sales quota.
- Recruit new distribution and reseller partners.
- Uncover and manage sufficient sales pipeline through a number of activities both directly to end users and by working with channel partners to deliver regular accurate forecasting using Salesforce.com.
- Plan and work with the business units to deliver quarterly and seasonal programs and marketing activity to support the business.
- Sell desktop product licenses to a mixture of enterprises, SMB and public sector organisations whilst coordinating relationships with distribution and channel partners.
- Directly manage one or more distributors
- Manage multiple Large Account Resellers assisting with training, sales activities, marketing co-ordination and pipeline management.
- Working with your distributors and resellers to manage inventory and stock levels.
- Co-ordinate sales with Technical Pre Sales Management, Product Management and Order Administration teams.
- Present and report on a weekly basis to sales management.
- Become an expert on all products you sell, ensuring that you have the capability to explain the USP and demonstrate when required and support client opportunities without having to rely on Pre Sales assistance.
- Regular travel all over Japan supporting opportunities and partners.
- Work alongside Retail, Ecommerce, Vertical and Inside Sales to ensure that campaigns and strategies are aligned across the business.
- Number of Years of Work Experience: 10 years sales experience, minimum 5 in IT software sales
- Capacity to manage corporate reseller channels partners, with multiple products in a changing environment to maximize end user sales.
- Experience managing and selling desktop software into enterprise global accounts.
- Good analytical skills, experience in forecasting and inventory management.
- Dealing with and developing pricing, including packaged bundling and volume pricing.
- Strong PC and/or Mac applications skills
- Keen interest in productivity software
- Interest in developing and evolving go to market strategies and tactics
- Working Collaboratively with marketing to develop revenue producing campaigns to support your business.
- The ability to form strong professional relationships at CXO Level.
- Previous experience managing IT Distributors
- Track record/demonstrated success in leading change and developing new routes to market, while maximizing established routes.
- Experience of setting up and managing on-demand Software as a Service solutions
- Experience selling competing imaging solutions.
- Experience of working in a senior sales position for a key Microsoft Large Account Reseller.
- Degree is preferable but not essential based on experience.
- Professional IT Qualifications of great benefit.