The world of TV & Media is evolving rapidly to become one of the most exciting and complex areas to work in. In this environment, our customers are looking for partners that can help them transform and adapt to the new landscape. In this role, you will be spearheading the transformation of TV & Media Japan.
Working with the country’s largest Broadcasters, Pay TV operators and Service providers and Content Owners, you will be representing the Media Services organization and supporting pre-sales activity, deliveries and support activities. You will work side-by-side with and sales and account teams to drive new business with the industry’s most complete technology portfolio to help customers solve problems and create new opportunities.
In this role, you will be wearing multiple hats from business development, technical sales, consulting as well as supporting the core delivery and support organizations to ensure the success of the media business in Japan. This role is pivotal in coordinating multiple stakeholders both within the customer’s organization and in client and act as the single point of entry into the Media Services organization.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Working with customers from the C-suite to the engineering teams
- A strong knowledge of Cable platforms from back office systems, middleware, conditional access/DRM, video processing and content delivery system.
- Strong knowledge of the key technology and SI partners that can support our client's Media ambitions in Japan
- A self-starter with an ambition to grow the business exponentially
- Able to traverse local and global business cultures to get the best results
- A highly-driven individual that is also very business focused
- Excellent at creating compelling business cases to support the growth of the business
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills with local and global resources
- Can think strategically but can also dive deep into areas where required
- Switch between business development and planning to execution as required
- Leadership Competence
- Financial Acumen and Analysis
- Business understanding
- Customer Relationship Handling
- Negotiation and argumentation
- Project & Program Management
- Coaching & Mentoring
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- 10+ years of experience in the Japan TV market
- Strong background in the Japanese cable market
Preferred Qualification and Experience Requirements
- The holder of the COM role is expected to have a background in delivery towards customers such as Project Management deliveries, Managed Services deliveries, or Customer Support activities.
- The COM is also expected to have several years of experience from a leadership role, preferably from the area of Service Delivery and/or Operations
- Having experience working outside of Japan in a global organization is preferable
Additional Requirements, Physical Demands, Region/Local Specifications:
- Must be of Japanese origin and speak fluent Japanese
- Can work in the Japanese business environment
- Must be fluent in English