Responsible for managing Amazon Japan and other assigned eCommerce accounts to achieve efficient and profitable sales of the company's products to targeted levels. Includes selling the product line to targeted markets as well as executing required sales and product training programs. Formulate plans, goals, and objectives relating to targeted volume prospects and additional product penetration. Create proposals, negotiate agreements, and establish pricing for customers. Interface with other departments as needed to support customer accounts and resolve any issues that may arise.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Accountable for the continuous daily pursuit of major prospective customers as well as expand sales to existing accounts through new products and services.
- Formulate sales plans for current and prospective accounts.
- Provide quotes, returns, and address other sales-related issues.
- Analyze industry market trends, products, and pricing that may impact sales efforts.
- Oversee major account activities to increase/maintain maximum volume and product penetration.
- Provide accurate forecasts, reducing returns, developing and maintaining an appropriate marketing plan, and managing overall profitability at each assigned account.
- Conduct sales and training meetings as required.
- Review and analyze daily sales statistics.
- Support Company’s Affirmative Action initiatives, providing equal opportunity to employees and candidates.
- Uphold Company’s affirmative action plan and make good faith efforts to achieve affirmative action goals and time tables.
- Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001 and 14001; understand and fully support ISO system.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
- Account Management: Expand sales within existing accounts, focus on customer service, develop relationships with key decision makers, understand and respond to customer needs, track and monitor account activity.
- Decision Making/Judgment: Recognize problems and respond, systematically gather information, sort through complex issues, seek input from others, address root cause of issues, make timely decisions, make difficult decisions, use consensus when possible, and communicate decisions to others.
- Problem Solving/Analysis: Break down problems into smaller components, understand underlying issues, simplify and process complex issues, understand the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Product Knowledge: Know and explain product features/benefits, understand/sell the full product line, understand customer's business operations and needs, understand/respond to the competition, apply market knowledge.
- Sales Skills: Develop new business, identify and sell to customer needs, translate product features to benefits, have good listening skills, is sensitive to customers, deliver effective presentations, negotiate well, use closing skills appropriately, develop sales skills.
- Teamwork: Meet all team deadlines and responsibilities, listen to others and value opinions, help team leader to meet goals, welcome newcomers and promote a team atmosphere.
- Budgets/Cost Control: Plan for and use resources efficiently, always look for ways to reduce costs, create accurate and realistic budgets, track and adjust budgets, contribute to budget planning.
- Managing for Results: Set challenging and productive goals for team, keep team accountable for actions, provide leadership and motivation, provide resources and support, use checkpoints and data to track progress, set up systems and processes to measure results.
- Managing Performance: Apply clear/consistent performance standards, handle performance problems decisively and objectively, is direct but tactful, provide guidance and assistance to improve performance.
- Team Leadership: Anticipate and resolve conflicts, turn team diversity into an advantage, use unique team talents, define processes and goals, work for consensus.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Two to three years schooling in Business Administration, sales, marketing, and technical areas.
· Three to five years as an account manager, with management and sales training experience.
· Familiarity with computers.
· Good verbal communication skills.
· National travel required, usually for one to three days.