Our client designs, develops and sells advanced Voice over IP (VoIP) and converged VoIP and Data networking products and applications to Service Providers and Enterprises. They are a VoIP technology market leader focused on converged VoIP and data communications and its products are deployed globally in Broadband, Mobile, Enterprise networks and Cable.
They are looking for a Field Application Engineer to join their team in Tokyo! Your responsibilities will include:
- The FAE is part of the APAC Services Team.
- Post-sale position is to deliver professional and support services which include remote and on-site implementations of equipment, as well as effective diagnosis, documentation, and resolution of 2nd/3rd tier issues encountered by customers, primarily our SIP, Data Networking and Voice-over-IP (VOIP) gateways, IP Phones, Unified Communications (UC) Applications and Appliances.
- FAE responsible for the implementation delivery cycle, or problem resolution cycle; from responding to initial trouble reports, to reproducing issues in our lab and/or escalating into Engineering as needed, to solution delivery and follow-up.
- May also support pre-sales engineering activities, POCs and customer training.
- This position requires exceptional organizational, troubleshooting, and communication skills, as well as patience, persistence, and a desire to help customers achieve success with our products. We are seeking a confident, resourceful self-starter who requires minimal supervision. The successful candidate will have a high degree of integrity and a positive attitude. The ability to thrive in a fast paced, informal, multinational organization is a must.
- Occasional travel within APAC is required as well as off hours installations and support.
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering or University Diploma in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Min. 3 years’ experience in a customer-facing technical role.
- In-depth, hands-on experience with Telecommunications equipment (e.g. Voice & UC technologies, Data networking equipment, PSTN protocols, VOIP protocols, TCP/IP, MS Servers infrastructure, etc.)
- Knowledge of PC hardware and environment skills (installing and configuring boards, drives, software, Working knowledge of Windows, Linux/Unix & Virtualization environment)
- Experience writing application notes & technical / project documents
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Working with Microsoft Unified Communications solutions (Lync/Skype For Business)
- SBC experience, Working with Sonus Networks, Acme Packets, Avaya, Cisco, Patton, Sangoma technologies, NEC, Fujitsu, OKI, Hitachi or solutions
- Data Networking and Telephony In-depth experience
- Working in an OEM/Vendor or Service Provider, dealing with Telephony, ACD, PBX, Voice Communication systems or solutions