The Enterprise Account Manager I establishes relationships and engages with the business and IT management level to identify opportunities and sell cloud software products and services direct to existing named Fortune 1000 accounts.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Establish relationships and engage with the business and IT management level to identify opportunities and sell cloud software products and services direct to existing named Fortune 1000 accounts. Understand theirs business and IT strategies, priorities and goals.
- Carry a revenue quota to meet or exceed sales targets and demonstrate continuous progress towards achieving account strategies.
- Establish and lead teams of internal and external resources to identify, pursue, and close specific opportunities consistent with account strategies.
- Establish and maintain close relationships with inside sales, systems engineers, consultants, and sales specialists to access to and leverage from appropriate internal resources.
- Establish and maintain relationships with resellers, system integrators, and any other external partner to develop and achieve account strategies and opportunity plans.
- Understand and navigate account procurement practices to successfully negotiate profitable licensing contracts.
- Drive prompt resolution of customer issues and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction with the cloud software products and services as well as serving as the primary client contact for non-technical or support issues requiring escalation.
- Provide regular and efficient updates on assigned accounts to sales management.
- Ensure accurate and timely forecasts in SalesForce.com and reporting to management
- Assist in securing non-commissionable revenue in assigned accounts (including Subscription Advantage).
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities)
- Demonstrated ability to sell software to corporate accounts and strong history of quota achievement.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels of a customer organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic/large account sales techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, develop business cases, and negotiate and close deals.
- Solid understanding of cloud software competitive domain and technologies.
- Able to articulate and understand the customer strategy and cloud software solution strategy.
- Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3-6 years of sales experience, with at least 2 years selling software.
- Track record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas in excess of $1 million a year.
- Experience in technology field selling into large strategic accounts up through Management level.
- Experience in a minimum of 1 to 2 of the following areas of expertise: (i) application and core technology (database, operating systems, application platforms, hardware, networking); (ii) Internet solution selling (service, hardware, software); and/or (iii) networking, security and/or WAN optimization
- Experience working with external channel partners.
- Experience in negotiating complex software licensing agreements.
- Experience using sales automation tools such as SalesForce.com.
Critical Leadership Blueprint Competencies
- Accountability - Holds teammates accountable for their commitments and helps coordinate team activities to ensure task completion (Stage 2)
- Communication - Proactively, clearly, and openly shares information and ideas with others; asks for, listens to, and uses feedback and input (Stage 2)
- Teamwork - Thinks and acts in terms of “We,” rather than “Us vs. Them” (Stage 2)
- Authenticity - Showing a genuine, accessible, and caring side that builds trust,mutual support, and credibility (Stage2)
- Excellence - Striving to be the best that one can be and to maximize one’s own potential in helping the company succeed (Stage2)
Critical Functional Competencies
- Account Engagement - Establishes a strong understanding of the account, including the position of partners and competitors, and leverages initial or existing relationships to obtain access to and meetings with decision makers. (Stage 3)
- Competitive Selling - Clearly differentiates both the company and its solutions from the competition and positions strategically within the account/partner variety of scenarios and conversations. (Stage 3)
- Consultative Selling - Understands customer and/or partner industry dynamics and quickly learns their specific strategies, priorities and challenges. Starts with the customer/partner point of view and fits the solution/advantage into that picture. (Stage 3)
- Opportunity Management - Applies their understanding of customer buying process and develops; documents; and executes opportunity plans for volume, low complexity deals. (Stage 3)
- Orchestrating Resources - Recognizes and capitalizes on opportunities to engage specialty resources, partner resources and/or cross-functional support to help close sales deals. Recognizes they do not have to do it all themselves. (Stage 2)
- Partner/SI Leverage - Maintains and proactively leverages existing channel partner / SI relationships to pursue opportunities. (Stage 3)
- Partner/SI Management - Partner interactions always leave a positive impression of the company and help move the sales motion forward through their friendly, professional demeanor. (Stage 1)
- Pipeline Development and Management - Proactively prospects within assigned accounts/territories/partners in pursuit of opportunities and new relationships. Has the capacity and experience to manage and/or develop mid-sized opportunities that may be over 1 quarter out. Short term forecasts are consistently accurate.
- (Stage 3)
- Product Knowledge - Basic understanding of the positioning and business value of their assign area of focus within the portfolio of products. (Stage 1)
- Technical Selling and Positioning - Demonstrates a basic understanding of the technical sales process for products. (Stage 1)
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Ability to travel 50 - 60% as appropriate in order to manage and close opportunities within assigned accounts and their subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Incumbent must be flexible and able to deal with fast and rapid changes.