JOB TITLE: Japan Country Head – Online Hotel Bookings
Our client is a European based supplier of Online Hotel Bookings and inbound travel services to the tourism sector.
They seek a Japan company representative. Japan Country Head.
Based in Tokyo, the successful hire will achieve the target number and mix of hotels for Japan, with the correct prices and availability, as defined by the Regional Head of Contracting (APAC).
- Consult and agree with the Regional Head of Contracting (APAC) on the specific product requirements
- Ensure hotels are re-contracted within specified deadlines
- Identify ‘must-have’ hotels within a destination and contract where appropriate
- Undertake to travel approx 15 weeks of the year to maintain relationship with hoteliers/ground handlers and embark on contracting trips.
- Consult and agree with the Regional Head of Contracting (APAC) on an ongoing basis regarding deletions and additions to product
- Negotiate added-value deals, overrides and special offers
- Regularly monitor competitor pricing and availability in line with demand
- Liaise with yield team to ensure maximum profit, communicate peak and trough dates so they can be priced appropriately
- Advise on preferred partner hotels in the relevant destinations, negotiate exclusive deals
- Address and resolve any standard/service level issues with suppliers
- Ensure hotels are inspected and details (photos, amenities etc) updated on a regular basis.
- Communicate destination information regarding peak dates, trade shows, visitor information etc internally
- Register with relevant tourist boards and CVBs to gain information and to increase company profile
- Manage the supplier relationship throughout the period of the contract, including dealing with close out requests and book out issues and liaising with relevant departments accordingly.
- Co-operate with Health and Safety team to ensure reports are completed and up to date.
- Communicate both internally and externally in a professional manner in keeping with corporate guidelines.
- Educated to degree level of equivalent or equivalent professional qualification
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Highly accurate with an excellent attention to detail
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency (equivalent to native) in Japanese
- Proficiency in English
- Strong negotiation skills, pro-active, dynamic, passionate, and a team player
- Able to work well under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
- Able to develop and maintain strong and trusting relationship with hoteliers
- Contracting experience gained with the tourism industry
- A driving licence