Our client provides software for Windows Management, Database Management, Virtualization & Cloud Management and Application Management to over 10,000 organizations worldwide.
They are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join their team in Tokyo!
- 3+ years of experience in a systems administration role with UNIX/Linux and Windows(certifications preferred) and an technical supportrole
- Advanced knowledge of managing and troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory (users / groups, ADSI Edit, Replication, DNS, Permissions, LDAP, Group Policies, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of managing and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange2003
- 2013 (Email routing/mail flow, SMTP, storage groups, Free/Busy and Public Folders).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server2008/2012.
- Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting Microsoft Windows operating systems using both native and 3rd partytools.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQLServer.
- Backup/Restore softwareexperience
- knowledge of Call trackingsystems
- Solid knowledge of virtualizationconcepts
- Software technology diagnostic and troubleshooting methodologyskills
- Strong communication skills, verbal andwritten
- English skill required (Fluentpreferred)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and network topologies
- Prior Technical customer support or IS Helpdesk/Phone support experience or experience supporting internal systemusers
- Prior VMWare administration or supportexperience
- VMWare certifications are aplus
- Prior experience with RDBMS: Oracle(certification a plus), MySQL, MS SQL Server
- Ability to read/write Perl, Unix shell scripts, and SQLscripts
- Understanding of SAN concepts and the SAN Fabric network, LUN provisioning, zoning, identify bottleneck and DISK I/O relatedissues.
- Working knowledge of enterprise backup, recoverysoftware
Backup Software Experience
- Symantec/Veritas NetBackup,BackupExec