Our client is a major online travel agency with over 1 million accommodations in 250+ countries. They are a rapidly growing, dynamic, international company that offers its employees an innovative and diverse career path, as well as opportunities to travel around the world among many other benefits.
They are currently looking for a Japanese-speaking Language Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the quality of the Japanese versions of the their products (website, apps, newsletter etc.). Besides being passionate about language and translations, as a Language Specialist you have a strong business feel which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our products. You take action accordingly in order to provide our customers with a product at the highest standard of quality.
- Providing attractive and creative translations from English into Japanese for website copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the Japanese market;
- Maintaining the quality of the Japanese version of their website, including conducting website checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Assisting with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments;
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback.
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant field;
- Native level Japanese, accompanied by excellent knowledge of English;
- Experience in translating and/or writing attractive, localized website copy for the Japanese market;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Computer Assisted Translations tools;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task;
- Strong business focus;
- Pro-active and positive attitude;
- Strong sense of initiative, both when working independently and in collaboration with a team;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry and familiarity with social media is a plus.