Located in central Tokyo, our client is a global company providing software security products against cyber threats and data loss.
Already well-established worldwide for more than 30 years, our client is looking for a Technical Support Engineer and a Team Lead to join their team in Tokyo.
As training is provided, joining their team gives you the opportunity to strengthen your knowledge in IT Security, and to develop a great career path within an international company.
As a Technical Support Engineer/Team Lead, you would join the Engineering Department to provide technical support to our client’s enterprise customers.
- Providing technical support to customers via telephone and email in line with departmental measures
- Ensuring that high levels of customer service and any SLAs are met
- Handling up to 2nd level support issues
- Recording all activities in the department’s call logging system
- Researching incidents by replicating customer issues within a test environment
- Escalating any necessary issues for further troubleshooting until the problem is resolved
- Producing technical articles based on support incidents
- Participating in regular team meetings and team training
- After hour support (on a shift, about once a week) based on a rotation system
(*Recently, there are less than 15 calls per month.)
Reports to: Senior Technical Support Manager
Interacts with: Technical Support, Global Escalation Support, Sales, Sales Engineering
Career Growth Perspectives:
Team Lead, Technical Manager or Presales depending on your interest
- Native Japanese
- Strong technical background of Linux/UNIX environment
- Experience in supporting customers over the phone and via email (min 2 years)
- Experience in Linux/UNIX environments (min 2 years)
- Experience in working in a Microsoft Windows
- Experience working in a team environment (min 2 years)
- Experience in construction of Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server environments.
- Test/trouble shoot on VMWare or equivalent virtual machine environment.
- Understanding of software development, release process and lifecycle
- Understanding of Active Directory and network protocols TCP/IP, SMB, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DHCP
- Excellent customer service skills
For Team Lead:
- Experience of supervising/mentoring team members
- Business English
- Experience in Macintosh environments desirable
- Experience in security (any level/type of security) is highly desirable
- Conversational/Intermediate English (TOEIC 650 and higher or equivalent)