My client is a Silicon Valley-based SaaS company whose leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
They serve over 1000 companies around the world in every industry and are headquartered in Silicon Valley, California with offices in London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney and Tokyo (in Chiyoda-ku near Tokyo Station).
As the marketing leader you will need to collaborate closely with the sales leaders, as well as the corporate marketing team at HQ to create the right “marketing mix” for Japan. This position requires someone who is keen to make a direct contribution to the growth of the region and can confidently work with local stakeholders to apply multiple marketing levers such as content plans, call down and email campaigns, SEO, webinars and speakers, deal acceleration events, PR tactics.
- Design and run a full schedule of events tailored to the different stages of the sales pipeline, from demand generation to deal acceleration.
- Create high impact, scalable demand generation campaigns that yield results aligned with the pipeline goals for the region and take ownership of regional communication channels, such as email marketing and social media
- Collaborate with HQ marketing resources across PR, demand generation, content/creative, events, product marketing.
- Put together a marketing plan that maximizes pipeline influence
- Be comfortable with quantitative models and assist the EMEA marketing lead in measuring the effectiveness of programs at a regular cadence, and deliver reports and recommendations to teams and management for review.
- Be comfortable with content creation to the extent that they can translate and re-purpose existing content in multiple ways and deliver short, high impact content pieces as needed.
- Co-manage the marketing budget for the region
- 3 years’ experience across various marketing functions such as event management, social media marketing, demand generation, campaign design/execution
- Ability to self-manage, working as the main point of contact for marketing in the region, whilst partnering with internal and external stakeholders to execute on time and on budget.
- Prior experience with managing Salesforce campaigns, contacts, leads and opportunities is required.
- Prior experience in mapping regional campaign programs with broader corporate editorial and thematic ideas is a must.
- Prior experience with email automation programs such as Marketo is required.
- Prior experience in marketing within an international territory is a plus.
- Ability to measure the impact and effectiveness of campaigns and recommend changes that result in higher engagement and/or higher conversion.
- Good communication in English is a must.