Specializing in specific subset of the product line; generates a pipeline and manages medium to large opportunities within an assigned geographical territory consisting of value-added resellers (volume and non-volume), strategic partners, prospects and customers to increase market share and revenue. Capable of being called into accounts as opportunities are identified and may work with account-assigned Sales Account Managers to close sale to achieve or exceed revenue targets. Leveraged as an industry and market expert to develop and present sales proposals and systems solutions, and assist in closing complex technical sales.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Develops and expands an assigned geographical territory consisting of value-added resellers (volume and non-volume), strategic partners, prospects and customers to increase market share and revenue.
- Prospects for new business, direct customer engagement, working with partners to increase product knowledge and efficiencies, and whenever possible, leveraging ISV and strategic relationships to drive sales into end user accounts.
- Manages both an indirect customer procurement and direct customer engagement model.
- Ability to leverage and maximize partners as the fulfillment channel while working with end user accounts on IT initiatives.
- High expertise in managing e weekly forecasts against revenue targets and work closely with inside sales counterpart to manage the pipeline and set appropriate monthly and quarterly revenue expectations demonstrating advanced knowledge of defined CRM and forecasting tools.
- Maintain and further develop partnerships within sales and service organizations and IT business executives within corporate environments
- Typically responsible for medium to large opportunities or have a medium to large sized quota/territory
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities)
- Advanced knowledge of sales techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcoming objections, return on investment analysis, closing the sale through appropriate procurement vehicle (shrink wrap, licensing, etc.)
- Applying advanced knowledge of products is required
- Knowledge of complementary hardware and software solutions
- Ability to motivate, train and conduct seminars to drive mind share within partners to increase revenues within assigned territory
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
- Strong work ethic, attitude and follow through ability
- Ability to travel within assigned territory
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- 8+ years sales experience in a high tech environment in an indirect sales and procurement environment with a demonstrated track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology.
- Experience in working with large accounts and selling at higher levels of the organization
- Ability to travel within assigned territory
Critical Leadership Blueprint Competencies
- Accountability - Takes full responsibility for overall execution and delivery of critical tasks or projects
- Teamwork -Works with and through others to consistently break down barriers between departments
- Authenticity - Showing a genuine, accessible, and caring side that builds trust, mutual support, and credibility
- Excellence - Striving to be the best that one can be and to maximize one’s own potential in helping the company succeed
Critical Functional Competencies
- Account Engagement - Develops a documented account plan, including organizational charts and strategic and tactical goals, develops and leverages strong sponsors/advocates to expand presence and relationships with key IT and line-of-business decision makers across the organization
- Competitive Selling - Anticipates competitive situations and prepares other team members to successfully position and differentiate solutions
- Consultative Selling - Engages with customers and/or partners to develop strong qualitative and quantitative business cases for solutions or channel partnership. Effectively probes to understand their needs and underlying drivers.Recommends a variety of approaches to solving their challenges
- Opportunity Management - Applies their understanding of customer buying process and develops; documents; and executes opportunity plans for volume, low complexity deals
- Orchestrating Resources - Persistently leads, influences, and choreographs cross-functional and partner selling teams to ensure that customer deadlines, expectations and agreements are met or exceeded
- Partner/SI Leverage - Maintains and proactively leverages existing channel partner / SI relationships to pursue opportunities
- Partner/SI Management - Develops close working relationships with their Partner leads to align on business strategy and understand the role they will play in each account.Is able to quickly learn their key contacts and counterparts within each partner and develop strong, trustful working relationships that result in sales
- Pipeline Development and Management - Successfully balances the development and pursuit of short to mid-term opportunities with identifying and developing longer-term opportunities. Has the capacity and experience to manage and/or develop large opportunities that may be 2-4 quarters out.Short to mid-term forecasts are consistently accurate
- Product Knowledge - Detailed understanding of the positioning and business value of the entire portfolio of products
- Technical Selling and Positioning - Demonstrates the basic ability to participate in customer product discussions and product demonstrations