The Planning Director or Senior Planning Manager will be responsible for the development of brand and communication strategies to support the company’s client business needs.
The selected candidate will focus on assessing client’s challenges and recommend
relevant strategic solutions based on relevant touch points and marketing disciplines.
In this role, the selected candidate will support our clients by providing market insights, marketing discipline knowledge and research analyses. A key requirement will be to uncover relevant consumer insights and bring them to life through sound and creative recommendations.
In addition, he/she will also mentor and train junior planners in the department to help optimize their skills and enhance their knowledge and strategic approach and be responsible for integrating planning department into overall agency workflow.
- Be involved in using research to derive insights, measure results of campaigns and to explore new opportunities for brands
- Provide input as needed during creative development to ensure the strategic direction is correctly translated into creative work
- Support the development of overall master and sub-brand strategy by conducting brand and competitive audits, consumer interviews and research analyses
- Train and mentor junior planners - including agency process and methodologies as well as optimize their skills and talent
- Thought leadership to develop relevant inspiration stimulus for clients and internal teams
- Develop strategic solutions that address the client’s business challenges and goals
- Develop and write briefs based on client problematic and to address any issues/ opportunities clients may have
- Develop ad-hoc communication plans by responding to short term market place challenges as well as long term vision
- Support development of strategy planning tools and methodologies within the Tokyo office
- Participate and drive regular workshops or Digital U sessions for clients/prospects
- Develop and instill innovation spirit within the organization
- Leverage network tools and sources of information. Be part of the APAC Planning & Analytics Ring and ad hock involvement in the APAC Creative Council when required
- Minimum of 8 years’ of experience as a Strategic Planner preferred
- An interest, passion and energy for advertising and marketing communications across all channels (particularly digital, social, mobile, e-commerce and CRM/data)
- Inquisitive mind, accuracy and attention to details
- Good communicator with knowledge of communication strategies
- Development of junior staff skills
- Creative thinker
- A love of getting under the skin of customers – their motivations, aspirations and connections to brands
- An innovative and logical mind that can think laterally
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands and priorities. Positive attitude and team player
- Ability to work in an international environment and collaborate with regional/global teams
- Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities
- FMCG and consumer experience required
- Native/Business level Japanese - both written and spoken
- English language a must - both written and spoken