My client, an American company, is a travel review, booking and information service. They are looking for a PR Manager(Maternity Leave Contract) for their Tokyo office.
PR Manager(Maternity Leave Contract)
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Reports to: Country Manager
- Our client is looking for a smart, self-motivated and energetic PR Manager to take responsibility for on-going development and implementation of a media relations strategy that establishes the client as the most reliable information source of travel from both media and consumers.
- This will be a contract role to cover the maternity leave of the current PR Manager.
- Leading the development of all PR communications around product launches, enhancements and milestones, ensuring there is effective narrative to support the client’s leadership position
- Localizing the global PR initiative, by value added approach to appropriate for Japan market
- Plan and manage unique local PR campaign using assets from our site and our world largest travel community, such as reviews, information and photos
- Determining and prioritize the media value by the actual impact and pitch appropriate stories for them
- Build up creative social media campaigns, leveraging Facebook, Twitter and Blogger channels to grow brand awareness and engagement of client’s service
- Working closely with the other Japan and APAC business teams to promote the functions other teams want to push to the site users
- Providing crisis management support
- 5+ years of relevant experience at reputable PR firm or web based clients preferred, or similar corporate experience via in-house role/s
- Creative thinker who can develop unique post and promotions ideas
- Outstanding consumer-oriented writing skills
- Native in Japanese, fluent in English
- Data oriented, action oriented, strong analytical skills, understands and utilizes metrics relevant to the role
- Self-starter/works on own initiative
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Professional, “get it done: attitude and work ethic.” Energy, creativity, and passion for opportunity to build a sustainable competitive advantage and drive new business
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people.
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behaviour toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner