Our client is a multi-national IT service and consulting corporation. Their services include Business Management consulting, software development and business process outsourcing for many technologies including cloud services, Big Data & Analytics, application Development, SCM and testing services.
Working within Global Information Technology organization and the Finance Technology team, with a focus on Product Control (Finance / Trade profit and loss) system development. The successful candidate will help development of the Global Product Control platforms and work on improving / enhancing those platforms for Japan and global Finance. Primary focus will be on local Japan business, but opportunities exist to develop and grow to work on a global level in an international environment.
We are looking primarily for outstanding technology skills, application development in Microsoft .NET with SQL (Preferably Oracle / MSQL or similar). Finance and/or trade application experience desirable but not mandatory as on-job training will be provided for the right candidate who poses strong technology skills
- Implement new and maintain existing product control platforms for profit and loss reporting and suite of functionalities.
- Participate in the full project life cycle including technical analysis, design, data analysis and mapping, development and testing.
- Provide Level 3 support for applications.
- Ensure adherence to functional architecture strategy and compliance to company development standards.
- Liaise with the business and development teams with regards to priorities and progress of various tasks and projects.
- Depending on candidate experience, opportunities exist for more senior role and responsibilities. i.e. Application management / Stakeholder management / project management.
- Degree holder in Information Technology or equivalent; technical background is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working within software development.
- Ability to act quickly and precisely in fast-moving and time sensitive financial / regulatory reporting environment and multitasking.
- Ability to think logically and calmly under pressure.
- Ability to exhibit high level of professionalism in team oriented environment.
- Team player that is able to work with people across different departments, countries and regions.
- Language proficiency: Fluency Japanese, converse and communicate in English. (Intermediate level).
- Experience in Product control, covering profit and loss reporting /workflow.
- Broad based Product knowledge on financial instruments.
- Able to related different Financial product and their specific requirement for Profit And Loss reporting
- Familiar/confident with trading environments/systems /situations.
- Experienced in Database programming languages and Windows application development.
- Knowledgeable about database profiling and debugging.
- Experienced in scripting.
- Experienced in C#.
- Knowledgeable about low-level operating system and programming concepts.
- Understand Infrastructure and basic OSI concept.