Our client brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to their customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With them, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications.
As a Field Support Engineer you will be responsible for supporting lab and network deployments of VoIP switching software and applications. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Working with customer/lab personnel to plan and engineer any new equipment deployments
- Ensuring proper and appropriate installation of network equipment
- Performing initial testing on equipment to verify proper installation and configuration
- Detail testing requirements and plans and generating and executing appropriate test cases
- Work with partners and other equipment manufactures through interoperability testing and subsequent issue resolution
- Driving to appropriate resolution any issues that are discovered with equipment either personally or by working with support/engineering staff
This position will interface with multiple aspects of the organization including customer service, program management, quality assurance and development engineering.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Unix/Linux/Solaris knowledge and skills
- Understanding of IP network architecture and concepts
- Knowledge and experience with VoIP protocols and concepts
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications voice networks, protocols and concepts
- 3-5 years of applicable telecommunications experience
- Perl or equivalent scripting knowledge and demonstrated use