Do you sell software that makes IT infrastructure more efficient? Do you want to work in a small office with a lot of freedom? Let's talk!
Our client is transforming the way the world uses open-source software and is a recognized leader in Linux and open cloud technologies.
Linux's use in enterprises is growing at an unprecedented rate. Our client's software is the server operating system of choice for scale-out computing including infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) , big data and web workloads. Organizations around the world using this software include HP, Wikipedia, Rackspace, AT&T, NTT, British Cabinet Office.
This role is responsible for driving sales of support and services to business customers in Japan. A key objective is developing and executing our sales plans in the telco and service provider market.
As part of this role, you will be expected to develop substantial industry and market intelligence, assisting in expanding the client's influence and capabilities. The role also has responsibility for developing relationships with existing customer's assisting them to grow their usage of support services.
This role presents an exciting challenge for an energetic self-starter who is interested in working at a software company that is at the heart of the technology industry.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Research and develop the proposition for the territory and targeted vertical markets
- Create and execute direct sales business plan focused on demand creation and sales growth
- Develop company's profile in Japan and vertical sectors
- Respond to sales leads that come to the organisation from various marketing activities
- Qualify leads and respond to objections, using the company's technical resources as appropriate
- Formulate responses and proposals in response to specific customer opportunities
- Consistently increase revenue by managing, maintaining and growing a pipeline of opportunities
- Identify and cultivate sales growth opportunities in existing accounts
- Accurately report sales activity and forecast sales
- Deep understanding of Cloud market trend (Business and Technology)
- 5 years or more experience in Cloud sales (Preferably in Direct Sales)
- Adequate understanding of technology & business trends around Linux/OpenStack
- Self Thinker, Team Player, and start-up mentality
- Degree level education, preferably in a technology field
- Experience in software or technology sales, particularly solution and services sales
- Ability and willingness to learn about Linux, Openstack and other Cloud related technology
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets
- Detail orientated with strong follow-up skills
- Strong negotiating skills with ability to close sales.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation